The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » First souvenir sale after the library show, any tips? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jiayi
View Profile
Veteran user
Canada
313 Posts

Profile of jiayi
Hi guys I will be offering some souvenir sale after my upcoming library show. It will be my first time doing it, do you guys have any tips? Since I will be producing a bunny, so I am thinking after the bunny appear, I will ask people to go lineup outside of the theatre in the lobby for a meet and greet where they can pet the bunny and say hi to the magician. Then have someone to set up a table with miscellaneous merchandises for sale (magic wand, magic book, fortune fish, maybe a combo deal), the big paper money with my contact info will be free for everyone but they are welcomed to purchase other merchandises. What do you guys think? Like I said, it will be my first time that I am doing this, so I am sure there are little things that I might have overlooked. Any tips or advice will be fantastic!
Daniel Ulzen
View Profile
Elite user
Berlin/Germany
493 Posts

Profile of Daniel Ulzen
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Have you 'cleared' your plans with the library???
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Yes, listen to Dick: First, get permission from your client. And explain exactly what you plan to do.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
jiayi
View Profile
Veteran user
Canada
313 Posts

Profile of jiayi
Yes I have obtained the permission. Thanks for the link Daniel!
charliecheckers
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Profile of charliecheckers
I have sold BOR at libraries for a number of years. Here is what I found:
Rules vary, so always ask. Some want a percentage as well.
Most attending such shows have not planned to buy prior to attending. This is very different than other venues, where it is more customary to sell/buy souvenirs.
Such customs may differ in different areas.
Less is more when it comes to the number of items you offer. Having people stand and try to decide kills the line waiting to see, and many will move on.
If possible, sell something that is related to a prominent part of your show, that will be memorable.
I found it to be more of a image enhancer than income provider. If you are popular already, you may find it more profitable.

Your strategy using your rabbit has the potential of exposing your rabbit to unintended abuse. I performed with a rabbit for years and never would have allowed everyone petting access. If a few kids were really interested after a show, that is one thing - but rabbits can become overwhelmed easily.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » First souvenir sale after the library show, any tips? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL