The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Hidden Ventriloquist, Distant Dog (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gmeister
View Profile
Inner circle
1588 Posts

Profile of gmeister
No, not a new martial arts movie, but a question that relates to the new novel I'm working on.

Can a ventriloquist be in hiding and use a distant voice technique to make those work in the area ofn that hiding spot think there's a dog somewhere behind them. (Which of course raises the question of whether the ventriloquist MUST be between his audience and the point of the distant voice).

Any and all help., opinions, perspectives would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much!

gary
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1741 Posts

Profile of jakeg
There is no such thing as throwing one’s voice. A strong suggestion of another presence has to be there.
A hidden tape recorder with a remote would do it.
gmeister
View Profile
Inner circle
1588 Posts

Profile of gmeister
Thanks, jakeg. Let me rephrase this. Is it possible for an unseen individual to reproduce a voice or sound in a room using only his/her person and no mechanical means?

This is somewhat akin to the use of ventriloquism in darkened stances where the agent was hidden by the lack of light.
gmeister
View Profile
Inner circle
1588 Posts

Profile of gmeister
One further point: This essentially is a question about what's called in psychology The Ventriloquist Effect, which deals with multisensory processing and whether vision is essential to auditory placement in the brain. Research on the blind has provided conflicting results.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Hidden Ventriloquist, Distant Dog (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL