The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Help identifying “mystery” card trick by gaffs alone? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
747 Posts

Profile of karnak
Years ago, I picked up a used copy of vol 2 of Michael Ammar’s Easy to Master Card Miracles. The bonus effect included (meaning the required gaffs were supposed to be included with the DVD) was, according to the packaging, Macdonald’s Aces.

However, the gaff cards actually included with what I ended up with were definitely not those.

I suspect the previous owner may have somehow mistakenly substituted gaffs from a completely different effect when it was sold to me. Ever since, I’ve been wondering what trick the gaff cards I instead received were actually intended for.

The “mystery cards” I received consist of just three double-facers. Fanned on one side, they appear as the 6H, 6C & 6D. Turn the fan over, and they present as the 5C, 5D & a blank card.

Any ideas what I might have somehow inadvertently wound up with?
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
MickNZ
View Profile
Special user
Auckland, New Zealand
576 Posts

Profile of MickNZ
Sound like the gaffs to Aldo Columbini’s Paramount which was another tape.
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
747 Posts

Profile of karnak
I subsequently also picked up vol 5, which indeed includes "Paramount" as its included bonus effect.

The "Paramount" gaffs consist of one blank-backed card with a normal face (in my case, the 5 of Clubs), and two blank-faced cards with normal Bicycle backs.

My mystery gaffs consist instead of one blank-backed card with a normal face (in this case, the 6 of Hearts), and two double-faced cards (one 6D/5C, one 6C/5D).
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5472 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
If I had to guess, I would say that the previous owner may have mixed up the cards from Paramount (vol. 5) and Factory Misprints (vol. 4).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Help identifying “mystery” card trick by gaffs alone? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL