The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Steel Morgan dollars (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rowdy
View Profile
New user
Germany
1 Post

Profile of Rowdy
Hi gang
I recently stumbled on a handful of steel..... yes steel Morgan silver dollars.That being said I am searching for routines that utilize magnetic coins. Preferably non commercial. I am looking to expand my coin show and am looking for something a little different....any help would be greatly appreciated
Rowdy
Always keep a little magic in your life !
Signet
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of Signet
I'M sure you're well aware of the Raven. Also strategically placed magnets can help you do all kinds of effects. I made a holdout for my Fedora hat using this idea. It opens up unlimited possibilities.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9988 Posts

Profile of funsway
With magnets strategically hidden on your body, a coin can be "idled" to allow for showing the hands empty, transfers and delayed reveals.
New routines will come to you just by experimenting. I prefer a "Chestmag" on my right side where my wrist hits my lower chest,
and one under my sleeve near the elbow on left on my left arm (Lawrence O holdout)

Any of the Mag ditch/Idle published for the TUC can apply to a single coin. Also check "Hooked Coins" as a source, using the mag instead.

Thus, my suggestion/experience is NOT to look for routines, but to explore the versatility of this new tool applied to old routines.

For example, 2 in Hand or Gadabout approach. The ChestMag can allow the left hand to be displayed with only one coin by having the extra on the ChestMag
and masked by the right arm. One coin is visibly taken from the left palm by the right fingers as that hand moves away.
The left hand closes only after the right hand is a foot away and the body turns to show the taken coin being placed in the right pocket.
The left hand retrieves the Idled coin. The right hand with palmed coin gestures to the left hand that opens to reveal two coins.
The palmed coin is stuck on the ChestMag and the right hand casually show empty before going to the left hand. Repeat as desired.

In the final phase the taken coin is left behind and the left hand coin is placed on the ChestMag, to leave nothing for the finale.

Yes, this requires coordinated body rotation and hand/arm movements practiced until they are natural.
The result is a Classic made more magical - even for those observers "in the know."

PM me if desired.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Steel Morgan dollars (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL