The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Comedy in Mentalism (23 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
thatmichaelguy
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of thatmichaelguy
I agree with what many folks have said here already. If you are the sort of person who makes people laugh regularly in your normal, day-to-day interactions, I can see that translating well to stage without the worry of it undermining the show. If you're using schtick-y or cringe worthy lines purely for soliciting laughter in the show, then there's a good chance you may alienate at least some portion of your audience. I don't know that this necessarily means that it will have an effect on the perceived believability, but it would limit the entertainment value to some portion of the audience.
solarzar
View Profile
Regular user
Solarzar
109 Posts

Profile of solarzar
Quote:
On Feb 19, 2018, thatmichaelguy wrote:
I agree with what many folks have said here already. If you are the sort of person who makes people laugh regularly in your normal, day-to-day interactions, I can see that translating well to stage without the worry of it undermining the show. If you're using schtick-y or cringe worthy lines purely for soliciting laughter in the show, then there's a good chance you may alienate at least some portion of your audience. I don't know that this necessarily means that it will have an effect on the perceived believability, but it would limit the entertainment value to some portion of the audience.

Full agreement!

Just my thoughts, Solarzar
Solarzar
The Magic is within us!
www.Magic4Life.com
www.Solarzar.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Comedy in Mentalism (23 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL