The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Re-Volution by Jimmy Strange. Incredible (117 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Mar 3, 2018, Kaan wrote:

here is my review of Re-Volution by Jimmy Strange.

Hope it helps Smile

Thank you for the good and honest review. That's the reason people (including me) trust your reviews more than anybody else's review.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Little bit of a cop out to put music behind the demo of it Kaan

I would have thought it would have been better to actual show what the noise is like
Kaan
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Kaan
Quote:
On Mar 3, 2018, Ustaad wrote:

Thank you for the good and honest review. That's the reason people (including me) trust your reviews more than anybody else's review.

Smile

Glad to hear that Smile
Thank you for your very kind words!
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Quote:
On Mar 3, 2018, Kaan wrote:
Hi everyone,

here is my review of Re-Volution by Jimmy Strange.

Hope it helps Smile

Best,
Kaan

Loved the review Kaan! Good fair/balanced first impression of the device. You mention you were having trouble controlling the direction of the spin. It's a knack, but you will get it over time. Jimmy is happy to give you ( and anyone else) some extra coaching on it to get you up to speed if you drop him a line.

The batteries in my one seem to last much longer than that, but maybe the ones you had in yours when it arrives were not full charge maybe? Worth seeing if you get a longer run time with it, once you use a different battery brand maybe. I tend to change the batteries on my one every 2 or 3 gigs, so it's no big deal... cheaper than my burn rate of bicycle card decks just doing a signed Ambitious card... and way cheaper than my Loops refueling.

It's also worth adding that there are extra effects you can do with this item as Jimmy has filmed a free bonus video.
If you already own a Re-volution, you can download the tutorial for free here:
http://blog.magicshop.co.uk/re-volution-......tutorial

Hope this helps and wishing you the best as always
Dominic
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3510 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Karan, thanks for the review. Question about the sound, is it loud due to bone conduction (hearing with users ears) or is it loud to the spectators?
Utopia
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of Utopia
Just received my unit a couple of days ago. Works as described but needs a battery change already (after only 1 hour of utilisation). Still satisfied with my purchase so far...
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Quote:
On Mar 5, 2018, Utopia wrote:
Just received my unit a couple of days ago. Works as described but needs a battery change already (after only 1 hour of utilisation). Still satisfied with my purchase so far...

Great to hear you’re enjoying your Re-volition Utopia. I think the batteries that come with it have a wide range of initial charge from the factory. Everyone seems to be reporting much better battery life on their second battery change though. I replace my ones very regularly as they are pretty cheap.

How are you getting on finding the best holding position to control the spin of the nut?
Whippet
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of Whippet
I love Re-Volution's effects but after a number of hours watching the tutorials and practicing (using up several pairs of batteries quite quickly), I am only able to get the nut spinning when I hold the nut and bolt in my hand. I am not successful with the tweezers (metal and plastic) at all nor am I able to get the Sharpie spinning despite following Mr. Strange's instructions on how to modify the cap. I cannot figure out what I'm doing wrong. (I am a hobbiest and this is my first post.)
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Method wise, how is this an improvement over Ultracinese? I liked the fact that you're clean before, during and after with Ultra,nothing in your hand to ditch or hide. thoughts?
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Mar 6, 2018, lunatik wrote:
Method wise, how is this an improvement over Ultracinese? I liked the fact that you're clean before, during and after with Ultra,nothing in your hand to ditch or hide. thoughts?

Increased profit for the seller.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
SO the Next 8 people who subscribe to Reel Magic get this for free.......including shipping inside the US....remember theres no long term commitment to Reel Magic....subscribe for a month or forever its up to you

If you Subscribe send me an email to kozmomagic@me.com

Only 8 people will get this Smile
drstevemagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Addicted to For Sale Forum so only have
265 Posts

Profile of drstevemagic
[/quote]
How are you getting on finding the best holding position to control the spin of the nut? [/quote]

My experience so far:
- battery holding up well
- have yet to find satisfactory tweezers but ordered some plastic ones from Ebay as per Ustaad.
- Holding gimmick in fingerpalm gently w/out squeezing too hard keeps it quiet.
- placing bolt vertically with only side of head softly touching gimmick 1/2 way between on/off switch & vibrating end gives nut a wicked spin.
Relick666
View Profile
Special user
604 Posts

Profile of Relick666
Quote:
On Mar 7, 2018, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 6, 2018, lunatik wrote:

Increased profit for the seller.

I think he clearly wrote: "method wise", someone needs to learn how to read.

Also, how is 250 USD (Ultracinese) < 35 (Re-Volution) an increased profit for the seller?

Some people can't do basic math, did you even approved kindergarten man? Loooooool
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2018, tonsofquestions wrote:
Quote:
bolt and nut can even be BORROWED

Right, because most folks just walk around with nuts and bolts in their pockets?
I like the implication of non-gimmicked objects, but that has to be some other way to emphasize it...

How does the bolt compare to the one in strongman? I'd be curious if you could routine them together, or if they're obviously different sizes.

I only perform in machine shops!

I actually like this.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Re-Volution by Jimmy Strange. Incredible (117 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL