The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Accessories at your show? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

x303
View Profile
New user
St-Hubert, Quebec, Canada.
74 Posts

Profile of x303
Hi,
What accessories do you bring to enhance the ambiance at your show ?
Let me put this questions in a situation. Your invited to present your show in someone’s home.
What non-magical props do you bring like candles, a Tablecloth…?

Bob
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
I had a performance in someone's home last week. I took a wizard costume, a Renaissance street performer outfit, and a tux. Oh, and my table and magic. (It was a magic history presentation.) The costume changes went along with the history.

Amos McCormick
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
enriqueenriquez
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1287 Posts

Profile of enriqueenriquez
Just myself. I find the voice more important than the props when you are trying to put people in “atmosphere”. And the props, if any, tends to be objects that fit into my hands.
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
Just to add a little to this, make your show completely self-contained, and you will not run into a venue that does not include something you need. Right down to drinking water... This has saved my butt many times.
Slim Price
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
This is a tad off-topic, but it ties in with the previous post. When Ted Lesley and I were on tour, we took EVERYTHING we needed, including a table, lights and a PA set. The only thing we didn't bring was chairs. We knew those would be there. And we knew where to get them if we had to.

Slim's point about drinking water is well taken. In 1977, I lived in Abilene, Texas for several months. I booked a show in a neighboring town, so I drove up there a week ahead of time to "case the joint." I found the place, called "Pioneer Hall," and figured out how long it would take to get there, etc.

I neglected to bring drinking water or water to rinse my hands with, because, after all, it was a public place, and they were going to be serving food there. Ergo, they would have to have drinking water, etc. It's a state law. WRONG!!!!

There was no running water in that building. It was a city owned building, not up to code, and the city enforced the health laws. So there was no one to report it to, and that wouldn't have helped, anyway.

Sure made me uncomfortable. I had to use rainwater to rinse my hands.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Accessories at your show? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL