The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Super Strong Super Simple by Ryan Schlutz (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Though I would consider myself intermediate with card skills, I received email about this new collection of easy-to-do card magic and it sounds really good.
Anyone have this yet? Opinions?

https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic/......-simple/
magicmatt74
View Profile
New user
Switzerland
2 Posts

Profile of magicmatt74
I got this as a download and I like it a lot. There might be some of the "usual suspects" among the collection, but I think that Ryan's straightforward teaching as well as some new ideas regarding presentation deliver great value. As the featured effects are all self-working, intermediate card skills are definitely sufficient to perform the provided material. Some of the effects require additional cards (e.g. d***** b******), but if you've been doing card magic for a while these gimmicks should be at hand anyway ;-)

My personal highlights are "All Expenses Paid" (a sleight-less cards across by Jim Krenz), "Bath Towel Mentalism" (a two spectator miracle happening under the table) and of course Simon Aronson's ingenious classics "Shuffle-Bored" and "Prior Commitment" (that fooled Penn & Teller...)!

I can definitely recommend this if you're looking for a solid and versatile collection of sleight-free effects with playing cards.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Magicmatt, thanks, I like Ryan’s teaching style which is one thing that interested me in this
Appreciate the detail, think this will be my next purchase...
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney

Title: Super Strong Super Simple
Creator: Ryan Schlutz
Publisher: Vanishing Inc.
MSRP: $ 30
Skill Level: All
Video run time: 3 hours

Ryan obtained permission from all relevant parties, so Super Strong Super Simple is a sanctioned, ethical collection of the world's finest self-working card tricks. Each trick is performed for an enthusiastic group of spectators and taught in careful detail by Ryan Schlutz. No advanced knowledge or skill is required.

You'll learn:

"The Absent Player" by Dani DaOrtiz
"Shuffle-Bored" by Simon Aronson
"Emotional Reaction" by Dai Vernon
"4 Sided Gemini" by John Bannon
"Bath Towel Mentalism" by So Sato

PLUS MORE from Tom Dobrowolski, Ed Oschman, Jim Krenz, Liam Montier, and Ryan himself!

External link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW6sI3g1TY0
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1582 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
I like Ryan’s teaching and work a lot.
Looking forward to picking this up.
NeverMind
View Profile
Loyal user
Right up there. On the stage.
283 Posts

Profile of NeverMind
I got this and like it a lot. Good work.
It is better to be trusted than liked.
Under promise. Over perform.
Al Straker
View Profile
Grammar Host
Australia
1130 Posts

Profile of Al Straker
Don't have this yet but Ryan's work is A class and always polished with great attention to detail. In other downloads I have he offers many small subtleties and tips worth their weight in gold!
Al Straker
Resident Mystery Entertainer at Multiple Venues
Music & Mentalism Specialty Act 'Completely Mental'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyGhApqnG7I

(Old clip, show has changed quite a bit since then!)

Jazz & Contemporary Musician/Composer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnN3JNmeKns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU_zfOvpneA
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
I agree with all the positive things said about Ryan Schlutz. Not everyone is a natural born teacher and in fact relatively few magicians are good teachers (even though they may be incredible performers.). But IMO Ryan is certainly in that small group that teaches very well. He doesn't take 30 minutes to explain something that could be covered in 5 minutes, nor does he rush through more complex things that require more detail in the explanation.

Look forward to getting my copy of this.
MikeMgc
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of MikeMgc
I am something of a collector of Self Working Card Effects as I find the whole genre fascinating.

I can honestly say, this is first class, I have all of Ryans releases and Ryans stuff is always good, Card magic that fits my style exactly,there are some very strong effects on here, with a massive reward to pain ratio. You will feel guilty performing some of these.

Cases in point are All Expenses Paid by Jim Krenz - A totally hands free cards accross and Bath Towel Mentalism by So Sato, these are miracles in the right hands and with the right presentation and are both worth the price of entry alone.

Also on the DVD is an effect call Six covers Six one of Ryans own effect which features a very clever method and looks utterly impossible when you look at the conditions, very very fair.

Also on there is Prior Committment by Simon Aronson which needs no further introduction.

What Ryan also brings to the table are some excellent and fresh presentation ideas and concepts for old favourites such as shuffleboard and four sided gemini.

Highly recommended.
rory.vince
View Profile
New user
York, england
1 Post

Profile of rory.vince
I am a bit late to this thread but I got this free when spending over £50 online on vanishing inc and so far what I have learnt is amazing, I cant remember the name of the effect but the dai vernon one where you read there minds is amazing! so easy and simle yet so amazing!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Super Strong Super Simple by Ryan Schlutz (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL