The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Could a Sub-Section "Secret Session" in the Bizarre forum be created? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Seance
View Profile
Elite user
Talking on the other side with
427 Posts

Profile of Seance
Hi,

This is just an idea, take it for what it's worth: In the Bizarre forum, I've noticed that methods have becomed dangerously close to exposure, and trying to locate the relative thread in the "Secret Sessions" forum is a little hard.

Could a subsection in the bizarre forum be created for the "Secret Sessions" like a subforum for the discussion of methods with the same qualifications one would need to access the existing secret sessions forum?

I feel that it would reduce the tendency to reveal methods and minimize exposure issues.

Just a thought.

For others' imput, I will post a link in the bizarre forum, if that's all right.

Thanks,
Dave
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
I've noticed the same thing throughout the rest of the Café.
Sometimes in the heat of our discussions amongst each other we forget that this is a Public forum (any muggle who surfs in can read the posts) and methods/principles are discussed in a , shall we say "less-than-discreet" manner . I've been guilty of doing it, too , so I'm not just pointing fingers at others.

The moderators do a good job catching the worst examples , but they can't get them all .

What I like about The Banquet Room (Secret Sessions, etc.) is that it is stealthed in such a way that the discussions do not end up being cached by search engines such as Google.

All of the other posts on Magic Cage end up being accessible via Google .

I would suggest that the Magic Café would be improved by making all the discussion threads "stealthed" (shielded from being cached by Google ,etc. ) so that only a bona fide member of the Café who is logged-in will be able to find the subject with the internal Magic Café search engine .
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
I certainly can sympathize with your concerns, but at the moment, there are no plans to create any kind of sub-forum. The idea that a muggle may wander into the Café and suddenly know all our methods is in my opinion very unlikely to happen. It is my own personal belief that most magicians are very paranoid and are always running when in fact nobody is actually chasing them. This type of paranoid behavior is obvious whether a member may think muggles are reading the Café or when a performer has that inner fear of being caught as they palm that playing card, either way, its a real distraction to whatever goal they are trying to accomplish.

While I do believe there is a slim possibility of a lay-person reading our forums, I do not believe such a person would have a understanding of our lingo and therefore would have no clue as to what we are discussing. I further believe they would not have a clue where to look in these forums and would probably become lost and very frustrated.

All that said, we may implement special sections in the future, but have no plans to do so at this time.
My best advice is to follow our policies and not discuss things in the open forums that you would not want a muggle to read. Thanks for your thoughts and input as they are very much appreciated. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Could a Sub-Section "Secret Session" in the Bizarre forum be created? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL