The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » From Soup to Nuts » » Penguin - no more free shipping? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tony Venetico
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago, IL
238 Posts

Profile of Tony Venetico
I subscribe to Penguin lectures and for the longest time I have received free shipping on every order -- as of last night this seems to have stopped and they haven't responded to my email. Anyone know if this is just a thing or have I been lucky for the past several years?
Tony Venetico
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago, IL
238 Posts

Profile of Tony Venetico
Nevermind - I confirmed with them the they no longer provide the free shipping -- I've cancelled my lectures and will limit my shopping with them because of that....it was a big turn on!
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
I'm a bit confused there. For one - I just checked, and orders over a certain amount (I believe $50) get free shipping in the US. Also, the lecture are downloads - no shipping. Am I missing something? Or are you not picking up the lectures on the principle that they don't offer free shipping on every order?
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
Tony Venetico
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago, IL
238 Posts

Profile of Tony Venetico
If you subscribed to their "all access pass" for lectures, they gave free shipping on all orders as a perk for subscribing
gmeister
View Profile
Inner circle
1588 Posts

Profile of gmeister
Same experience.

The bummer is they didn't inform anyone of the change. Not cool. Expected better from Peguin.
Tony Venetico
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago, IL
238 Posts

Profile of Tony Venetico
Yep, agreed - because of how I felt it was handled, cancelling my all access pass was the first thing I did - I’ll periodically buy individual ones that I’m really excited for
paulalpha
View Profile
New user
Minneapolis, MN
75 Posts

Profile of paulalpha
Tony
But they are still downloads so the free shipping is not a really an issue, right?. Also if its a DVD, that would usually qualify for flat pack shipping which is also free.

I love buying their dvds and gaffs as flat packs, so that I don't have to pay shipping.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Penguin has always been my favorite, but seems they have been slipping as of late. The last 3 Fridays that I placed an order (and I order EARLY in the morning) did not ship until the following week. Usually Tuesday. This is with verified in stock items. that's slow.
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1265 Posts

Profile of rklew64
Also be careful on your shipping choice. They say it will default to Media mail, cheapest level. not worth saving the money when the risk of losing the package is higher. I'm guessing they experienced a big turnover and no one is training anyone.
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Usually I can wait a week or two for the slower (free) shipping. IF I need it faster I'll pay the extra.

I mentioned recently on another thread about Penguin how impressed I've been with them over the years for their excellent customer service. Recently, I ordered the Linking Rubber Bands by Henry Evans . That effect is great , but if you've got the Henry Evans DVDs from L&L or his Penguin Live lecture you know that the gimmick which comes with his Linking Rubber Bands can be used for several other effects . When the Linking Rubber Bands arrived the gimmick was broken, cracked in two. I contacted Penguin customer service and they immediately shipped me a replacement, no haggling , they didn't even ask me to return the broken gimmick , so I didn't have to trek down to the post office to send it to them (I had emailed them a photo of the cracked gimmick to show what it looked liked when it arrived) .

I've found that arranging for returns/exchanges/refunds with many other dealers is often a major hassle, so this is the kind of thing that keeps me going back to Penguin.
kardistic
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of kardistic
I've noticed that they offer free shipping overseas as well. Did anyone try this if is legit?

The shipping cost from US is ridiculous high and to see free shipping outside the US with those great prices is a dream. The website looks really bad... like it was a scam tbh.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » From Soup to Nuts » » Penguin - no more free shipping? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL