The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Packet tricks for mentalism, mental magic, bizarre (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Papa Legba
View Profile
Special user
home-an unremarkable spiral arm of an insignificant galaxy
750 Posts

Profile of Papa Legba
Looking for packet tricks that I can adapt into mentalism or mental-magic effects. Here are some examples of tricks I have used successfully in the past:-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
7-card 'True or False (ickle pickle et al)
'10 card poker' (Bannon)
'What a turn up' (Montier)
8-card B/W (unknown)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Less than 15 cards preferred although all suggestions appreciated but Please, no monte's, counts or sleights,
thanks.
Use the FORCE Luke.
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
683 Posts

Profile of Inert
Hi. 8 Card Brainwave is by Nick Trost. I'd add

B'wave by Phil Goldstein
Princess Card Trick by Henry Hardin
mlippo
View Profile
Inner circle
Trieste (Italy)
1227 Posts

Profile of mlippo
Are you specifically looking for packet tricks you can do with just cards from an ordinary deck?

Mark
Papa Legba
View Profile
Special user
750 Posts

Profile of Papa Legba
Mark,
I am looking for effects that I can adapt and use with laminated cards of my own design.

for example - my version of 'what a turn up' - the two 'randomly' chosen cards are cursed souls whose images are also in a black envelope that has been in view throughout. As you can guess it's a seance type effect.
Art
Use the FORCE Luke.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
Hello Art85y

I suggest you check the November 2017 issue of The Linking Ring Magazine for a description of Marka-Thot originally developed by Bob Mason.

Since you are planning to make your own cards, you can easily come up with several entertaining applications for the principal revealed there. It's E-Z to do, too!

Julie
ejohn
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
723 Posts

Profile of ejohn
Check out Bannon's Twisted Sisters (gaffed) or Duplicity (not).
Papa Legba
View Profile
Special user
750 Posts

Profile of Papa Legba
Many thanks to all. julie, I am ashamed to admit that I have never read the linking ring but I will seek out this copy from a uk supplier, thanks,
Art
Use the FORCE Luke.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
In our Tarot Card Magic section of the Crafty Shoppe of Little Horrors on the Magic Nook, you'll find a selection of Tarot Card effects that can be separated from the deck to make packet effects using Tarot Cards: "Death and Taxes, Live Long and Prosper, Devil Cursed Tarot Wild Card, Color Tarot Monte, Tarot Card Affinity, Tarot Transposition, and Smokin' Spirit Message." Print up the cards yourself using our templates, or use the same Printer who originally printed up our cards to make a set for you using our images.
Papa Legba
View Profile
Special user
750 Posts

Profile of Papa Legba
Thank you Jim, some superb stuff and practically for nothing, got my thinkin cap on.
Use the FORCE Luke.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Packet tricks for mentalism, mental magic, bizarre (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL