The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Silk for Flea Circus ending (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Peter McMillan
View Profile
Elite user
St. George, Utah
497 Posts

Profile of Peter McMillan
Looking for direction on how to find a craftsman to make an 18"x18 silk for the finale of my flea circus. The graphic is a red, white and blue target that has a black flea splat and the words The End.

Any help is appreciated.

Pete
Spiritus Dictum Artifacts ~ Tools of the Craft for Serious Workers http://petemcmillan.wixsite.com/sd-artifacts/artifacts
~
www.SantaPeteUtah.com
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
You'll find target templates in my "Lunch Box Flea Circus" e-Book from The Wizards' Journal #35. The e-Book comes with free high quality jpg templates when you request the ones you want and need. Use your computer printer to print out a target template on silk using inkjet printable silk available from on-line sources. Then use a brown or black sharpie pen to draw in the squashed flea as you imagine it (everyone imagines it differently!) - To print a larger target on an 18" x 18" silk, use two printable iron-on half targets merged into one target when you press it on any large 18" silk. You can add the type face for the "The End" message using your computer fonts, in any color to the iron-on sheets, but I still recommend you draw the squashed flea with a Sharpie. Allow the ink to "bleed" into the silk for a nice mashed effect.

That makes YOU the craftsman and gives you a one-of-a-kind masterpiece.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Peter, there are some magic artist that make custom silk designs, but they are all their designs. I have not heard of any that make other peoples ideas or desires.

In this section, there are many links to making your own custom silk.
Jef Eaton
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of Jef Eaton
Check with Wonderimagery.com. They make beautiful silks that are custom. I have had quite a few done and the quality is always there.
kandumagic.com
<BR>jjeaton@aol.com
<BR>Creator of what my Mom thinks are the funniest kid show props around!
Peter McMillan
View Profile
Elite user
St. George, Utah
497 Posts

Profile of Peter McMillan
Thank you all. Making one myself should have been my first thought and the direction I will take.
Spiritus Dictum Artifacts ~ Tools of the Craft for Serious Workers http://petemcmillan.wixsite.com/sd-artifacts/artifacts
~
www.SantaPeteUtah.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Silk for Flea Circus ending (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL