The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Your best "gore" effects ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magie13
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of magie13
Hi !

I'm a French magician and I'm new to this forum, I love "gore" magic and I wanted to know what are your favorite effects in this category ?

By gore I mean effects like THREAD by Wayne Houchin or the nail through noze trick, they both are my favorite, what about you ?
magie13
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of magie13
Nobody likes this type of effect here ?
Huzzah
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Huzzah
I really like doing Splinter by Marcus Eddie
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
I don't do much that I consider to be "gorey", as I find it's usually highly unnecessary to show blood (real or fake).

I do Through and Through, and the Animal Trap. I'm putting Blockhead into my new show, as I've finally come up with a way to do it that satisfies my style.

You might want to look into Matt Parrot's "The Geek Magician's Cook Book".
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
magie13
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of magie13
Thank you for your answer, and by "gore" I didn't mean to say blood, my English vocabulary is just bad. I really like splinter by marcus eddie, and the through and through effect is maybe a bit to "hard" for me but I already scratched my eyes with thread so I should definitely start to scratch my hand lol
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
I'm going to go ahead and say "no" you probably shouldn't do those things if you're getting injured.

Geek magic has inherent health risks. It's not "cool" to do them if you're doing it wrong and causing yourself injury. Study the correct methods, get a mentor, whatever. Make sure you are doing them right. No audience wants to see you get hurt.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
Nail in the nose.

I do a comedy routine with it.

But the situation has to be just right.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
mrpiper
View Profile
Regular user
Georgia
131 Posts

Profile of mrpiper
My favorite is the "Dagger Head Chest". I do it all comedy as a magical haircut machine. As I proclaim its absolute safety, I chain the subject to a chair with heavy guage chains and locks (made of light weight but realistic looking plastic) then drape a white towel around the subject's neck to catch the hair. The towel is painted to look like it is soaked with blood and I pretend not to notice as the audience yells and points. When I finally turn around and realize what they are seeing I quickly take away the towel and replace it with a new / fresh / clean white towel and explain that nobody is perfect and that my last subject was not a good sport, in fact he really lost his head! It's all in silliness and fun so it may not meet your need for intensity but it plays with a lot of laughs and actually does look macabre as you appear to press a group of knives into someone's head!
damien666
View Profile
Special user
canada
513 Posts

Profile of damien666
I guess this could be considered ‘stunt magic’.. I have an item That is being released in the next few months that is perfect for the performer that likes doing this type of effect.
It is cringe-worthy, but not bloody per se!
Stay tuned!
Rook
View Profile
Special user
I went to the Magic Cafe and all I got were these lousy
834 Posts

Profile of Rook
For me, it's the good old razor blade swallow and BB in the eye.
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

-Roald Dahl
Rook
View Profile
Special user
I went to the Magic Cafe and all I got were these lousy
834 Posts

Profile of Rook
Quote:
On Mar 30, 2018, damien666 wrote:
I guess this could be considered ‘stunt magic’.. I have an item That is being released in the next few months that is perfect for the performer that likes doing this type of effect.
It is cringe-worthy, but not bloody per se!
Stay tuned!

I'll keep my eye out for it. I take it that you'll announce its availability here?
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

-Roald Dahl
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Your best "gore" effects ? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL