The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Tricks for the blind. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Mr. X
View Profile
Elite user
U.K.
440 Posts

Profile of Mr. X
In response to your post Mr Reynolds, I do not know quite what you mean, please elaborate. Question - The idea of a blind person being akin to a psychic could seem somewhat patronising, especially to an english gentleman who has only been blind for the later part of his life, don't you think?
So much to do. So little time.
Jim Reynolds
View Profile
Elite user
Special Guest
431 Posts

Profile of Jim Reynolds
In looking back at your original question Mr. X, I misunderstood what you were trying to do. My apologies. This idea makes the assumption that your blind friend is in on it, and that you are demonstrating this feat together.

The effect is that he will allow you to run your hand back and forth over his arm without touching him. Using his other hand, he simply points out where your hand is near his arm.

Simply doing this effect without his knowledge would be crass and in poor taste I agree.
Mr Secret-ary
View Profile
Regular user
Bath, England
106 Posts

Profile of Mr Secret-ary
Mr X, I only mention this because to my amazement no-one else has !), but Whit Haydn is your man. He has an actual 'routine for the blind' in one of his publications, and it's outstanding. Some of the suggestions made in this thread are along similar lines.
edshern
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of edshern
Well, TEN YEARS have passed since this post was last active.
I volunteer at the Cincinnati Association for the Blind and
Visually Impaired, and would love to come up with some ideas
to present in one on one situations.
I'm hoping that some new members and new products might
stimulate some new ideas.
ie- The best one I've heard of is Jamie
Grants Industrial Revolution. Specific ideas are better than just "mentalism"
Any thoughts along these lines would be much appreciated by myself and those
who normally are not touched by our magic.
THANKS,
Ed
saurabh
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of saurabh
If the people you are performing for use ipods, then you can have an audio prediction on an ipod and ask them to play at the climax of the trick.
zenmind
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of zenmind
I will try to help:

- cold reading (Combined with hot).
- Which hand the coin or any small object.
- The video in this page : http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/02307......30752985
- Expensive but good : http://www.ellusionist.com/shift-self-bending-fork.html
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Profile of Michael_MacDonald
Pk touch
pulse stop
psychological subtleties
pendulum work

anything that moves or bends in their hand.
edshern
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of edshern
Love the rubber band onto the thumb in the video. perfect.
will read up on some of the others.
Where can I start reading on PK touch?

thanks
MrX
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
139 Posts

Profile of MrX
PK work with M5, etc... I just realized that 10 years ago someone was using an almost identical "handle" to mine - Mr X - just spelled differently! Coincidence or... Smile
Atticus R. Cane
View Profile
Regular user
since Mar 15, 2007 and still only
181 Posts

Profile of Atticus R. Cane
If you do a PK touch the blind individual should be the sender (they know YOU are going to touch Thier arm in front of everybody) thier partner should be the reciever who senses the touches.

If you do it backwards you may get a cane upside your head.
Ba Ba Booey
View Profile
Special user
In Denver, I have no less than
548 Posts

Profile of Ba Ba Booey
John Lovick has a cool card trick called, "I Dream of Mindreading." It is included in Joshua Jay's lecture DVD and his "Talk About Tricks" DVD. The cool thing is that it plays well for sighted audience members, too.
unclesamayen
View Profile
Elite user
Taiwan
459 Posts

Profile of unclesamayen
Here is a video that we performed for the blinds last year.
http://youtu.be/nW3O0nucQUI

We worked so hard to find the appropriate tricks for the blinds.
We performed some mental effects using the hearing and the specially-made poker cards.
We also did the arm chopper and crazy man handcuff.
Then we teach them one easy rubber trick and they learned very quick, quicker than we thought.
They cannot see but they will feel the magic with their heart and you can get more feedback from them.
It was a great experience.

YuYen
Comedy, Mental, Busking.
Performing magic for the blinds.
http://youtu.be/nW3O0nucQUI
Busking in Mong Kok
http://youtu.be/WqohXqTxRVU
Atticus R. Cane
View Profile
Regular user
since Mar 15, 2007 and still only
181 Posts

Profile of Atticus R. Cane
I don't know if I picked this up subliminally from the video or not but, I just thought of doing the jumping rubber bands in the spectators hand using one wide band and one skinny band so they can feel the difference between the two before and after they switch.
mrmetropolis
View Profile
Regular user
who has only made
155 Posts

Profile of mrmetropolis
I can't believe no one has mentioned the trick that was invented for the blind. Taste Conditions By Morgan Strebler. Excellent transforming stuff there.
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary, for those who do not, none will suffice".-Joseph Dunninger http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4wL5fX3xGQ
edshern
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of edshern
Quote:
On 2012-08-23 16:45, mrmetropolis wrote:
I can't believe no one has mentioned the trick that was invented for the blind. Taste Conditions By Morgan Strebler. Excellent transforming stuff there.

LOL - For me I think having a person spit anything into a glass, especially if they are blind, is a little too weird for me .

But thank you for the idea!
edshern
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of edshern
If this post interests you, then I challenge you to seek out the blind with some of these effects !!!
Call your local association for the blind and offer your services.
That's what I'm going to do.
edshern
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of edshern
I have looked at tons of tricks and picked a dozen or so that I can do in the hands and/or minds of a blind person.
My problem now is how to convert these basic tricks from a ta-da moment, into a magical event for a blind person. How many tricks to perform? In what order? Do I write a script verbatim or just an outline and ad lib? I have never done this & I need help.
I need the help of a teacher to help me routine and script it.

If this interests you or if you know someone please Email me at edshern@gmail.com. Would you charge by the hour or set price for the project.

THANK YOU,
Ed Shernoff
edshern@gmail.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Tricks for the blind. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL