The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Girlfriend comment (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Quote:
On 2004-04-29 06:48, karnage wrote:
Maybe four envelopes, the spec chooses one...which has a different date...

This could be accomplished by having four d/h coins with the same X date on one side and the same Y date on the other side. A one out of four prediction or control is not that great an effect in my opinion, but the method I offer would work.

Larry D.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Not only did Slydini do the Helicopter Card, but I have seen him do a fantastic version of MacDonald's Aces. His premise, "Did you ever see a card WALK?" ...and he would walk his fingers across the table to set up the premise.

He had some other card work he did for me. His BLUFF PASS and his tabled false cut was incredible.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1545 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
On another post in the Café, someone mentioned the movie Big Fish. Since watching that movie, I've been working harder than ever on my story-telling/writing abilities. I'm finding that if you can wrap anything into a good story, it engages the audience so much more. I'm even attempting my hand at writing some fairy tales...

I took the easy way out with one effect...I'm using Punx's story from Once Upon A Time for my handling of McDonald's Aces. I'm also working on a coin box routine as well as something for the Copper/Silver/Brass. I tried this once, just made up a story for a trick that I'd done for years...the response from the audience was so much stronger than if I'd just done the trick.

Rick
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer

Coming soon:
Victorian Secrets: An Evening With The Spirits!
D. Siller
View Profile
New user
Mexico
3 Posts

Profile of D. Siller
Coin magic has been my favorite for many years, but I have also good skills in cards. It's true, cards let the spectator participate more, but it's up to you to make the coins sound as appealing.

I live in México, where there are no gaffed coins, and as a doctor I have no excuse for being around with foreign coins, it looks to suspicious... so I only use sleight of hand and borrowed coins where possible. There is also a lot of tape in the hospital, so when possible I let them choose and mark the coin with it, the rest is presentation and more than once they have asked me to repeat "that coin trick where..."

Sorry for such a long post, I´m new here and wanted to participate...
Paul Chosse
View Profile
V.I.P.
1955 - 2010
2389 Posts

Profile of Paul Chosse
Welcome to the forums Doc! We are an international community, as you will see, and happy to have a different perspective on magic, dictated by the limits imposed by your particular social mores. At least, I am...

What type tricks do you do with ungaffed coins? And, more importantly to me, what type presentations do you cloak them in?

Best, PSC
"You can't steal a gift..." Dizzy Gillespie
D. Siller
View Profile
New user
Mexico
3 Posts

Profile of D. Siller
Well... thanks for your welcome! And regarding your question, I mostly do impromptu and standing tricks.

I start with the walking coin flourish with both hands, then a simple coin vanish/apparition. Then a c/s transposition that ends with the left hand coin visibly flying to the right, and after it I mark a coin, show a bill/card and both hands empty, vanish the coin and apear it under it. Maybe a silver/copper extraction followed by a copper penetration (with the marked coin). Sometimes I end with a one similar to "the gadabout coins" in Bobo, just like the one Dan Watking called the "sticky coins" but with a different talk, in which I test their math skills...

I usually do this to patients and I have to do angle strong tricks. Sadly I´m still studying, and don´t have a credit card, so my resources are basically Bobo, and something from the net, but it works for me, and I'm looking forward for a new acquisition. Any suggestions??
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
Thanks for the food for thought.

I will masticate on it for quite awhile.

Women's opinions are highly valued by this nearly normal magician. My wife is a great asset in and out of my theatrical endeavors.

Last night while sewing a button on a vest, the button broke. She told me to wind the thread around the part of the button that was left.

She also gives me great advice on my routining of coin and other magic.

After producing several coins, I ask a spectator to pick one. Based on their choice I can do a unique coin flurry.

Connecting with people is very important.
One of the best things my wife has taught me is to listen more, talk less. And to slow down my movements.

Just my two liberty halves worth.

Harris Deutsch
Laughologist
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Girlfriend comment (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL