The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Heavy Impromptu Coin Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Hi Guys!

I need some extremely good impromptu coin routines that you can do with ordinary coins anywhere and anytime with spectators in all angles.

Please, recommend books, DVDs or standalone effects.
Mike Wild
View Profile
Inner circle
NY, PA, TX, MA, FL, NC
1290 Posts

Profile of Mike Wild
Hey Kjellstrom,

I'd recommend the obvious to you as far as ungaffed, off the cuff effects go:
  • 3 Fly or any nice looking variation of coins across
  • A nice spellbound routine always seems to go over well
  • In-hand matrix is very nice and decent as far as angles go
  • Copper & Silver effects (ungaffed, or using real coins, a C/S, and an e]) will always do well for you.
For ungaffed, impromtu stuff, Michael Rubinstein's material is very helpful. I just got an older tape of his that has some great stuff in it. "Knock Out Coin Magic", I believe it's called. Roth's video detailing dinner magic and bar stunts (ECMME vol 19??? I'm not sure on that) is very good as well. There is a lot of great material out there to choose from.

Best,
Mike
<><>< SunDragon Magic ><><>

"Question Reality... Create Illusion"
Caruthias
View Profile
New user
Ottawa, Ontario
67 Posts

Profile of Caruthias
Mr Clean Three Coins Across

Matrix

I'm out. Those are the only ones I actually PERFORM (not that I'm saying the others I know aren't good enough to perform, just that these are the only ones that fit into my routines).
Jamie Schoolcraft
View Profile
Regular user
Palmdale, CA
136 Posts

Profile of Jamie Schoolcraft
Dean Dill's No Extra's
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Impromptu and killer:

Coins through table
Sympathetic coins
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Brian Roberts
View Profile
Regular user
Georgia
200 Posts

Profile of Brian Roberts
Chris Kenners O.O.S.P.C.A.

Coins to cup

Flurry
oagwood
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Hill, CA
392 Posts

Profile of oagwood
Greg Wilson's On the Spot video has some good stuff, Coins Across a Transposition and a neat quarter routine.

oliver
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I've raved about Sankey's Revolutionary coin magic DVD before, and I'll say it again. It's chock full of all kinds of great routines. Worth twice the price.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Brian Roberts
View Profile
Regular user
Georgia
200 Posts

Profile of Brian Roberts
Daffydoug,

I have Sankey's revolutionary vhs, Are there additional coin effects on the dvd that would make buying it worth my while.?

B.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Brian,

I am not knowledgable about the contents of the VHS version, so can't make a comparison

But looking at the back cover of my dvd, it says there is over 30 minutes of brand new material, so I'm assuming it means material that was not on the VHS version.

Whether that 30 extra minutes is worth your investment is something only you can decide.

For me, the entire dvd is priceless, considering the material it contains. The routines and moves and other subtleties are to me worth their weight in gold.

And on top of that, I got it for half price by purchasing from the Café' trade area.

So I'm a pretty happy camper.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
tedski
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
792 Posts

Profile of tedski
Roths expert coin magic has lots, I like winged silver, coins to cup, hanging coins, one coin routine to jumbo production, et al

Sankey revolutionary coin magic- No Jacket required, Mr. Clean Coins Across, Messiah Vanish

and the obvious, Bobo has lots of great stuffy- though the table, sympathetic coins, pulse trick and and on - too much to choose from
HiraseMagic
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong
573 Posts

Profile of HiraseMagic
I always perform Messiah Vanish by Jay Sankey, and it always gets good result!!!!!!!!!!OOOOOOOOOOh!

Take this one!

Hirase
In love with magic!
dsilverfield
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of dsilverfield
Hi Kjell,
I perform a trick with a borrowed coin which I claim will vanish and reappear thrice. on the 3rd time it vanishes completely and ends up under the spectators watch. For the method, watch Dan Harlan's impromtou magic videos.
Cheers
bumbleface
View Profile
Elite user
434 Posts

Profile of bumbleface
I would do any one coin type routine....I hear bill Goldman has a spellbound with one coin...
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
Roth's UCM or ETMCM.

He talks about the history and the technique of MANY sleights.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Heavy Impromptu Coin Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL