The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Looking for The Original Thought Transmitter by John Cornelius (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Brenton Keith
View Profile
New user
Maui, Hawaii
31 Posts

Profile of Brenton Keith
Hi there. I am looking for the original Thought Transmitter by John Cornelius. Not the Thought Transmitter Pro. Does anyone know how I can possibly find one? I've struck out trying to contact John Cornelius. Thanks!
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Brenton Keith
View Profile
New user
Maui, Hawaii
31 Posts

Profile of Brenton Keith
Thank You Very, Very Much!! Yea Magic Café, Thank You!!

Now let's hope I like it!
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1271 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
Let us know your comments about it, interested to know your thougths and comparison with the original.

Thanks
spectrahue
View Profile
Regular user
Leicestershire
161 Posts

Profile of spectrahue
Check out the Mindreader Wallet by Magicmakers ; Saturn Magic have them in stock.

I bought an original TT and took it apart to see what improvements could be made.

When the button is pressed in a low lit room you can quite clearly see light coming from the edges.
The button is a bit hit and miss as well .....so I put a bead over it (internally) to make it more responsive; this does the trick.

The light was still an issue .....so I moved on to the Mindreader Wallet and this has a lrger viewing area with aclearer x ray view.
However the light leaking from the edges is still an issue ; I believe this is the case even with TT 2.0.

I got to work and stripped it down inserting an opaque black card insert into the recessed area; this provides a solid wall around the light source preventing sideways leakage through the white gimmick. Then I placed a yellow post it note behind the light source to make the back of the new black insert uniformly reflective; for some reason the original white background is too strong. I Sealed it up again and had a vastly improved and clearer xray image through several post it notes but still some light leakage around the edge of the wallet, all beit reduced !

So next I modified it by putting two thin strips of black opaque card down either side of the gimmick before sliding it back in and now the light leakage is reduced by around 80%.

Finally to get rid of the remaining light leakage from around the edges I will be attaching a trim around the edge made from black velvet chord or similar; this will provide a seal and eliminate any issues.As it is made from leather it shouldn't be an issue with stitching it on.

The mindreader wallet is a nice leather version but isn't rechargeable although very similar to the original Thought Transmitter internally in layout. Main difference being the light source and a lithium battery (i think) that should last a good while before it needs a change. The button is located in the lower left corner as opposed to mid top right on T.T.

In summary the T.T and Mindreader wallet are great ideas but need some final tinkering to make them bulletproof .....

The M.W doesn't come with any routines but possibilities are endless ......

Here's one that I am trialling at the moment;

Precognition; this idea explores the idea that we all to some degree when in rapport with each other know what the other person is thinking and as such going to say before they say it........

Would you like to try ?

Give a few examples of case in point (phone ringing and its someone you were thinking about, finshing sentences for your spouse etc) and move to the demonstration ........

Note: Motivation; for me this is everything. Why are you getting out your notepad or wallet or cards etc; if you haven't got any motivation then you are casting suspicion before you begin.

"I am going to predict something you will think of before you think of it and whats more I will commit to this beforehand with a prediction."

Bring out your T.T or M.W and write a prediction; this is nothing more than a droodle. Droodles are the obscure sketches of what seem like strange shapes or lines ........Pick one from the many available and just draw it leaving someroom to complete it later; fold it and ask someone to hold on to it but not to reveal it.

Now that you are committed with a prediction they too must commit with a thought and subsequently write this down.
You are conveniently with the post it note wallet so you ask your spectator to think of an animal or object that could easily be drawn by anyone here (present company) and commit to that thought by writing the word of the animal or object down. Finally ask that they close the wallet and wrap the bands around it.

You now pick up the wallet and gesture with it while recapping on the events so far and ending on the fact that the thought is locked in to the wallet and how your thoughts were committed to long before they began. (This gives you time for your peek)

Now you ask for the your spectator to remain poker faced and to simply reply yes or no as to whether the prediction does indeed match their thought. Of course they will say no ....to which you will reply ....."Are you kidding me surely you can see what this is .....?"

Take the prediction and say " Allow me to put in some detail ......" Now you are tasked with thinking on your feet and fleshing out the droodle to the best of your ability to match your spectators thought.
You have Artistic licence here so be creative just like droodles should be, keep adding bits here and there .....ask them if they now can confirm it matches their thoughts ......and after all this extra doodling what happens if they still can't see it ?

Well remember you have your safety net because of the T.T. or M.W and will always be able to write down underneath your droodle what you have drawn and say "Why surely anyone can see that its a (insert peeked word) !"

This is like the old Balloon animal gag ....name any animal and Ill make it!

If that doesn't floor them nothing will .........

Maybe others can share their routines ..?????????

thanks Nic
http://www.magentalist.droppages.com/

A.N.T , Bookworm , 50 Shades Blue, Heads I Win Positvely
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Looking for The Original Thought Transmitter by John Cornelius (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL