The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » My New Pitch Banner by Jason K (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

LeoH
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of LeoH
Some time ago a Café member, Jason K., designed some really neat banners for my flea circus and pitch table/EZ Up tent. He did a fantastic job with the design. I've posted a Photobucket link to a picture of my pitch table. I know, its in my living room. I'm cleaning everything and organizing for the 1st major street fair of the year, I'll try to post a pic of everything set at the event. If you need some banner design work, contact Jason K here on the Café. His prices were reasonable, too.

http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/hutchm......t&page=1
Frosty
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
245 Posts

Profile of Frosty
Man, that's one flashy looking joint..!
Really sticks out..
LOVE IT!
LeoH
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of LeoH
Thanks, Frosty!

I have a 4Ft by 8Ft matching banner that hangs behind us between the struts of the EZ Up.

"Flash is Cash!"
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2719 Posts

Profile of sethb
Good point about that back banner. But the table banner would also be good for helping to pull in a tip, when nobody is standing in front of it.

BTW, the banner looks great. As Don Driver used to say, "No flash, no cash!" SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
LeoH
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of LeoH
Thanks for the feedback, everyone. Mercurial, you are correct on your assessment of the banner's effectiveness on front of the table. That's why I have another, larger banner that I use as a background banner. It is the same graphic, but much bigger (8ft x 4ft). My wife thinks I'm nuts about banners, but I really want our "joint" to stand out. We have a 1ft x 9ft banner across the front canopy of the ezup that says "Magic Demonstrations" and 2 PVC "flag poles" that have red and white pennant flags flying in the breeze.
Frosty
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
245 Posts

Profile of Frosty
Yup! I think your Nuts about banners LOL.. but that's a good thing!

In addition to it I'd recommend to get another 8x4 so you can double your banner (on the one hanging from the center of the tent) so each is facing opposite directions when hung. That will help cuz if not and you have passerbys from behind, they'd be looking at the blank back part of the banner... sometimes you'll be surprised on the locations the festival folks put you at..
Frosty
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
245 Posts

Profile of Frosty
Just last weekend I did a small festival and I was placed right in front of the stage.. thank God for having PA speakers cuz it was so hectic that I turned my joint facing away from it...

I have no idea What were they thinking.

It was a battle of sound and attention.. LOL!

Talked to the fair folks and they are gonna place me in a more suitable spot next year..

I think I was placed there cuz I usually pitch myself to them as free entertainment for their event so they usually place me in their best spots but sometimes it works against me LOL!

I used double banners (each facing opposite ways) so those walking from behind could see there was magic being demonstrated..

That bought better tips as I had marks walking from both sides of my joint..

I'll post a pic so y'all can see..

Click here to view attached image.
Frosty
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
245 Posts

Profile of Frosty
Oh BTW, they won the battle with sound.. cuz they had way bigger speakers than I LOL..!
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2719 Posts

Profile of sethb
Frosty --- I have been in the same situation, where the organizers put me in a spot that they thought would be "perfect" --- but their idea of perfect was quite different from mine.

When I saw that a spot was not good, sometimes I would just make the best of it. But if I knew it was going to be really bad, sometimes I would ask very nicely, and before I set up, if there was any chance that I could get a different spot, and explain why. There's no point in trying to compete with a live band or other impossible distraction. Most of the time I had no problem getting a better spot; the folks who run these things also want and need to keep their vendors happy.

Which also proves that it pays to get to an event early. That way you can often nip problems in the bud, in addition to not rushing around and wasting energy that you will need for the pitch. SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
JasonK
View Profile
New user
Ohio
35 Posts

Profile of JasonK
Leo....that's a *** FINE LOOKING BANNER if I do say so myself! lol
LeoH
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of LeoH
Http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/hutchm....../?sort=2

Here is a link to our joint set and ready for our first event of the season. It is a street fair that has live bands playing from opening until clus (10:00am - 9:30 p.m.) Long day, but worth it!

Frosty:
The music stage was far enough away that the music did not bother us, and specs had to walk through the vendor area to reach the stage.
Frosty
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
245 Posts

Profile of Frosty
Quote:
On Apr 30, 2018, sethb wrote:
Frosty --- I have been in the same situation, where the organizers put me in a spot that they thought would be "perfect" --- but their idea of perfect was quite different from mine.

When I saw that a spot was not good, sometimes I would just make the best of it. But if I knew it was going to be really bad, sometimes I would ask very nicely, and before I set up, if there was any chance that I could get a different spot, and explain why. There's no point in trying to compete with a live band or other impossible distraction. Most of the time I had no problem getting a better spot; the folks who run these things also want and need to keep their vendors happy.

Which also proves that it pays to get to an event early. That way you can often nip problems in the bud, in addition to not rushing around and wasting energy that you will need for the pitch. SETH

Welp, I did just that this past weekend at a Cinco de Mayo event.. again I was placed very close to the stage.. usually I just ride it and just higher the volume on my PA speakers but their stage was way to big with huge speakers lol, so I took your advice and talked to the fair organizers and they agreed for a better location.. it was so much better as at first my tip wasn't able to hear my speal... that event ended till 12 midnight so glad I took you advice Seth.. thanks!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » My New Pitch Banner by Jason K (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL