The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Peter Turner's Resurrected Deck (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

phillsmiff
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1798 Posts

Profile of phillsmiff
Just realised I hadn't flagged this here: At Blackpool this year we released Peter's Resurrected deck, a really cool new deck based on PT's own design and using his own original marking system. It's based around the design of a traditional spirit board and I've really enjoyed using the deck since it was released - it was nice working with PT, I actually haven't really intersected with him much until now which is mad given how small the industry seems to be - he's got a really good design sense and it was cool to collaborate with him.

I really enjoy the challenge of developing and refining a signature deck like this; capturing someone's personality in the cards whilst also making the deck suitable for everyone to use and we've got some really good feedback about the Resurrected deck. If nothing else I love using it when I perform, it's just the right balance of spooky and slick.

http://www.pt-resurrected.com/

Phill
The new Elysian Duets, marked cards featuring my unique Optical Marking System:
-+: https://phillsmithcreative.com/products/elysian-duets :+-
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I will have this many posts when you read this:
931 Posts

Profile of TheDirectionalist
How are the markings? As visible as the DMC’s? I’d love to switch to this deck but the markings for the DMC’s are just the best for me..
Creator of the UBT: Underground Bottom Tear

phillsmiff
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1798 Posts

Profile of phillsmiff
The marking system is very different from my ELITES - it is based on PT's original work. I don't talk about designing marks very much because it's a bit of a proprietary skill but here it is: when you design marks there is a constant compromise being made basically between the legibility and the obscurity of the system - it has to be readable but not THAT readable. The different solutions work for different uses. Peter's marking system is biased towards obscurity because his work leans more towards the perception of a real event and the props need to stand up to real scrutiny. Reading them isn't as immediate out of the box as the DMC deck, because there is a bit of a knack to it, but once you have got your head around it it's easy - I can acquire the marks, read the card and name it in a fraction of a second. Certainly good enough in terms of speed and range for how I use the deck.

If you are interested in having a look at the deck, I've just put a discount on the site of 13% per order with the code FROMTHEGRAVE

Phill
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1581 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
I’ve just ordered 12 decks. Can’t wait.
PhiltheBear
View Profile
New user
Southampton, UK
72 Posts

Profile of PhiltheBear
I've only just noticed this. I love the Elite deck and although this looks interesting there's an implication that it's more than just a simply marked deck. Is this the case? And, if it is, can we get some idea of what the 'extra' facilities are?
--

PhiltheBear
Unusualist
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On May 22, 2018, PhiltheBear wrote:
I've only just noticed this. I love the Elite deck and although this looks interesting there's an implication that it's more than just a simply marked deck. Is this the case? And, if it is, can we get some idea of what the 'extra' facilities are?

Mine arrived today from Penguin. There are many many many things hidden on both faces and backs of the cards (not all of the faces obviously). Peter hasn't tipped how they are to be used but our favorite "musical" infatuation by way of Tamariz I think is built in to the backs Smile Of course, you would have to learn that musical number on your own if you don't know it yet (may I suggest The Memory Arts? great book).
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Love this deck - hope this encourages MORE magicians to pick it up

External link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzIMNMHVAOA

The moment the audience sees these special card backs, they'll know they're in for a hair-raising demonstration of mentalism and more!
The back design is the Ouija Board. The ouija, also known as a spirit board or talking board, is a flat board marked with the letters of the alphabet, the numbers 0–9, the words "yes", "no", "hello", and "goodbye", along with various symbols and graphics.

Get yours here: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S24726
Why.So.Serious?
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of Why.So.Serious?
Very cool! just ordered some from Penguin.
phillsmiff
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1798 Posts

Profile of phillsmiff
Thanks for the review David, very thorough! They do ship in standard order from here though, maybe your postman was being creative? Really glad you like the deck.

Phill
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Quote:
On May 26, 2018, phillsmiff wrote:
Thanks for the review David, very thorough! They do ship in standard order from here though, maybe your postman was being creative? Really glad you like the deck.

Phill

Ha! I was confused also. Thanks for the review David, wasn’t sure what the letters were before it! Overall, this is a great deck; but I’m a Phill Smith/Peter Turner fanboy and would have expected nothing less from such a great collaboration.

Congrats to both of you!
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On May 26, 2018, phillsmiff wrote:

Phill

Ok, so me not remembering the deck was in stack when I first opened it was not me remembering wrong then. LoL. I also received mine from Penguin.
SAMARITAN013
View Profile
New user
Captain Magic, the man with the famous
22 Posts

Profile of SAMARITAN013
Great deck!!! Good handling. Fine quality. Very WOW feeling to the spectator...
But I still stay on my hunger with this deck.
Does anybody know where the explanation pdf of the deck can be found... ( I bought on Penguin )
I have a lot of trouble to put it in the right stack so I can use the "secondary" markings.
I do also not understand the "alphabet"- markings . .. ?
I also noted that the marking of the AS seems to be wrong ?!?!
Anybody...?
FROM OVER THE 7 SEAS
AND WITH HIS FAMOUS EXPERTISE,
CAPTAIN MAGIC SEND YOU THE BEST VIBRATION
FOR GREAT MAGIC, CONJURING AND PRESTIDIGITATION !!!!!!
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On May 29, 2018, SAMARITAN013 wrote:
Great deck!!! Good handling. Fine quality. Very WOW feeling to the spectator...
But I still stay on my hunger with this deck.
Does anybody know where the explanation pdf of the deck can be found... ( I bought on Penguin )
I have a lot of trouble to put it in the right stack so I can use the "secondary" markings.
I do also not understand the "alphabet"- markings . .. ?
I also noted that the marking of the AS seems to be wrong ?!?!
Anybody...?

The instructions for the basic markings is on the instructions card. There's also a link to the PDF that explains the basic markings which is also on the instructions card. All the other extra secret marking you essentially have to look for and figure out yourself and they may or may not explain what those markings are in the future.
SAMARITAN013
View Profile
New user
Captain Magic, the man with the famous
22 Posts

Profile of SAMARITAN013
Thank, you for this quick respons.
The primary readings are okay for me and explained well on the added card in the deck.
The Pdf gives no much more info... and not necessarily needed for me.
The cryptic info " Sinister heavens" is way to difficult for my poor english and I am afraid to miss a lot here...
I' d like to know how to stack my deck so I can use it optimally and "read" the card ahead...
I feel frustrated to have a very nice instrument in my hands but not be able to use it properly and fully.
Help would be welcome and I am surely not the only one out there... Smile
Thank you.
FROM OVER THE 7 SEAS
AND WITH HIS FAMOUS EXPERTISE,
CAPTAIN MAGIC SEND YOU THE BEST VIBRATION
FOR GREAT MAGIC, CONJURING AND PRESTIDIGITATION !!!!!!
Al Straker
View Profile
Grammar Host
Australia
1130 Posts

Profile of Al Straker
I am sooooooo in for this. Off to order a brick now. Conrgrats to Pete and Phil, another one out of the park I really like this 'esoteric' design, will no doubt add to the 'suggestibility' towards arcane concepts of people looking at them.
Al Straker
Resident Mystery Entertainer at Multiple Venues
Music & Mentalism Specialty Act 'Completely Mental'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyGhApqnG7I

(Old clip, show has changed quite a bit since then!)

Jazz & Contemporary Musician/Composer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnN3JNmeKns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU_zfOvpneA
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On May 29, 2018, SAMARITAN013 wrote:
Thank, you for this quick respons.
The primary readings are okay for me and explained well on the added card in the deck.
The Pdf gives no much more info... and not necessarily needed for me.
The cryptic info " Sinister heavens" is way to difficult for my poor english and I am afraid to miss a lot here...
I' d like to know how to stack my deck so I can use it optimally and "read" the card ahead...
I feel frustrated to have a very nice instrument in my hands but not be able to use it properly and fully.
Help would be welcome and I am surely not the only one out there... Smile
Thank you.

Sinister Heavens is a effect and from what I can decipher from it, it's a pretty straight forward effect (from what I can understand from it, it gives you the instructions to the mechanics of it but doesn't give you a script or presentation, just the mechanics of it). I'll PM you with more details on the things you are asking.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
I really like the deck, but my eyes aren't good enough to appreciate all the features.
DMC's are still the most visible for me.
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
Mr. E. Casey
View Profile
New user
Bay Area, California
64 Posts

Profile of Mr. E. Casey
Quote:
On Jun 1, 2018, 252life wrote:
I really like the deck, but my eyes aren't good enough to appreciate all the features.
DMC's are still the most visible for me.

I still like the Phoenix marked deck the best. DMC's are my second favorite.
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
IT'S BACK !!!! Did yuy guys see the deck is back ... IN BLACK !!!!

NEW STOCK! Printed on Cartamundi's True linen B9 finish.

oh and it keeps getting better ...

Access to Facebook 'Resurrected users group', were you can share tips, ideas and routines - and A custom printed card with a link to a pdf and video tutorial that will allow you to unlock all of the secrets in the deck.

Back the campaign here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/abr......cription

Did you not get one the first time?

The Resurrected deck resembles the look of a Ouija Board whilst retaining the overall feel of a deck of cards. This gives the design a mystical and mysterious look and allows the deck to be used by magicians and mentalists alike. Its esoteric design allows the deck to convincingly be used for giving readings or in mentalism style routines without the fear of looking like a deck used for performing magic tricks. That said, this design is perfect for magicians also as the deck design practically does most of the work for you, allowing you to focus on a smooth performance.

This is not like a regular run of the mill deck design. Leave these sitting on a table and we can guarantee that the power of the design alone will get people talking and is perfect as an 'in' to move into showing people some of the things that you can do.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Peter Turner's Resurrected Deck (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL