The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Vanishing Candle for Kids! (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Randy The Magicman
View Profile
New user
Belleville
3 Posts

Profile of Randy The Magicman
I'm looking for some kind of storytelling or practical effect involving the vanishing candle catered to a children's performance
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I think that you are looking for a PRESENTATION. The EFFECT --which is what the spectator(s) perceive(s) IS already "in" the "title".

The "Vanishing Candle", IMO is generally, a "quick" flash trick. Tricks using FIRE are not generally recommended for children's performance. (In Chicago, for example, NO FIRE TRICKS are ALLOWED in schools.)
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Jef Eaton
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of Jef Eaton
Years ago, I brought out a candle (unlit) and said it was somebody's birthday today and pointed to a child and said "how old are you today?" and they said "It's not my birthday!"
My mistake, and whipped out a silk, covered the candle, vanished the silk, and said "then let me show you this trick."
It got a good laugh from the kids.
kandumagic.com
<BR>jjeaton@aol.com
<BR>Creator of what my Mom thinks are the funniest kid show props around!
A Show By Joe
View Profile
Elite user
Long Island
408 Posts

Profile of A Show By Joe
I used to end my Halloween shows with bringing out the candle and after giving a little speech while lighting it, I would wrap a silk with "Good Night" written on it with a rabbit holding a candle wearing a night cap. I had the kids blow towards the candle to end the show then showing the "Good Night" written on the silk. I would have at least one of the grown-ups come up after the show saying how much they liked that. It got everyone to relax and it sort of put a cap on everything.
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Awesome idea.
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
johnpert
View Profile
Veteran user
Ontario, Canada
322 Posts

Profile of johnpert
As a quick trick and a funny line.... I've said, "Raise your hand if you celebrated a birthday this year." Naturally, everyone raises their hand.

I conclude with, "Than this birthday candle is for you. Happy Birthday." I then vanish the candle.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Your clever line, motivated MY mind, and, I'll toss in a follow up line.............

"If you think that this candle is too big for a birthday cake, you should see the size of the cake!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of John Martin
Samuel Patrick Smith has a vanishing candle routine for children in his book ‘Big laughs for little people’

https://www.spsmagic.com/products/big-la......e-people

John
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Vanishing Candle for Kids! (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL