The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Mint Box by Daniel Garcia VS Inferno by Joshua Jay (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MrQ4
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of MrQ4
Not entirely sure if this is posted in the correct spot, but I was curious if anyone has a preference between the two effects. They seem to be similar effects aside from the method of selection. I purchased Inferno months ago and while I've been happy with it, Mint seems a bit cleaner. Wanted to know what others think about the two effects or even just their take on Mint Box if purchased. Thanks!
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1525 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
In Inferno, a named card is in a matchbox that's been in view before the card was named.
In Mint Box, a card is selected and signed then magically travels to the mint box.

So these effects are actually quite different.
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1143 Posts

Profile of indomagic
I think MINT BOX is just another card to box effect such like Mystery Box John Kennedy.
Armando Cheung
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Armando Cheung
Quote:
On May 10, 2018, indomagic wrote:
I think MINT BOX is just another card to box effect such like Mystery Box John Kennedy.

If you love your props in a casual way, mint box is great! Otherwise, it is no different!
Btw, the Mint box impresses me very much!
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I agree, Mint Box and Inferno are Apples and Oranges.

Mint Box and ToiBox are heavily debated in the Latest and Greatest thread http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=218

Inferno would be better debated against something like Twisted Sisters by John Bannon
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Quote:
On Apr 30, 2018, MrQ4 wrote:
Not entirely sure if this is posted in the correct spot, but I was curious if anyone has a preference between the two effects. They seem to be similar effects aside from the method of selection. I purchased Inferno months ago and while I've been happy with it, Mint seems a bit cleaner. Wanted to know what others think about the two effects or even just their take on Mint Box if purchased. Thanks!

I'm not sure how weight you give to this award, but in 2013 Joshua Jay's Inferno was voted the Houdin winner as "Trick of the Year" here on The Magic Café.

The discussion thread can be found here, and Inferno was announced as the winner here.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Mint Box by Daniel Garcia VS Inferno by Joshua Jay (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL