The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Nebula 2.0 - interest? (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Hey guys, last year I released Nebula which was my method to be able to force stuff without (seemingly) any props. I know now that back then this was quite underdeveloped, I had only been performing it for 5 months. So over the next year I performed it on a near daily basis, most of the time performing it more than once a day. I have refined the process and added so many subtleties that have basically made this sure-fire , I have not had a miss in a looooooooooonngggg time!

I'm wanting to release this as a limited edition product (only because I don't have the money to mass market it).

This is what the product will include :

Wiro bound A5 booklet
Many video links showing live performances as well as tutorials.
2-pack supply of what you will need to perform this.

What does the book and videos contain?

The basic nebula principle - including extra touches and subtleties which make it practically sure fire

A way to force a playing card without "seemingly" any props.

A way to force a word -- this is A LOT less convoluted than the first version (trust me on this one)

A way to force someone to think of particular initials

Several ways to force numbers

ACAAN

Spectator as mind reader with a deck of cards- one spectator find a card that the other spectator was thinking of.

Cut - a spectator cuts to a card, no one looks at it, not even the performer but somehow another spectator is able to divine it.

The ultimate lift - a variation of Derren browns lift where both spectators taking part as well as spectators watching are amazed.

I would be looking to sell this between £35 and £40

How many people would be interested in this? Just so I can get an idea of how many I should produce if I do

Thanks
Sleepy
seamagu
View Profile
Special user
885 Posts

Profile of seamagu
Hey sleepy,

I've always enjoyed your contributions. Hit me up, I'd like to get in line for this Smile

Best,

Séa
I love post its Smile
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Pmed you!

Also just to add, before the release, I'll also release edited video demos (edited to protect the process/secret) just to show how powerful it is to the spectators!

Thanks for everyone who's pmed me so far!

Sleepy
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
I missed the previous version, can you tell me a little bit more about the principle/effect?
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On May 8, 2018, Last Laugh wrote:
I missed the previous version, can you tell me a little bit more about the principle/effect?

So essentially it's a way to force things, like playing cards, numbers, words letters, whilst everything goes on inside their mind, it LOOKS like a psychological force (it isn't one) but with a near 100% success rate.

The force roughly looks like this:

Let's use the playing card force for these.

You name out loud the values for the playing cards and as you name them out loud, the spectator thinks of one. You do the same with the suit. And in that process you've forced a card.

I have missed a bit of the script out, but trust me, it looks exactly like tahg to the spectators!

Hope this helps

Sleepy
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Here is the L&G for the original version [seems everyone liked it]

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=218

And on penguin it has just three reviews but everyone seems to like it

Even without the imrpovements [?] I think the videos add value [original seemed to be only a PDF]

I'm just worried about things that are not 100%, as I perform on stage and would rather put a few near misses in, but don't want actual misses... it would depend if this is almost 100% - on what almost means.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
If you're offering video links, I'm in mate. Can you PM me the details
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On May 9, 2018, The Duster wrote:
Here is the L&G for the original version [seems everyone liked it]

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=218

And on penguin it has just three reviews but everyone seems to like it

Even without the imrpovements [?] I think the videos add value [original seemed to be only a PDF]

I'm just worried about things that are not 100%, as I perform on stage and would rather put a few near misses in, but don't want actual misses... it would depend if this is almost 100% - on what almost means.

Almost means that I havent had a miss since November last year.

However, I've only performed this routine in close up as I don't perform on stage so I'm not sure on the effectiveness of this on stage.

I'll PM you on what I can do for you.

Sleepy
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Thanks, it does sound interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing a performance!
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Performances should be coming very soon!

Sleepy
Psy
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of Psy
I have subscribed to this post. Can the word force, number,etc. be performed in other languages like spanish?
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On May 10, 2018, Psy wrote:
I have subscribed to this post. Can the word force, number,etc. be performed in other languages like spanish?

Yep! This isn't a linguistic force.

However, for the word force, you may need to develop it a bit on your own. Hard to actually explain without giving it away.

But both number and word force should work, the word force will need a little more work from your side.

Sleepy
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
And whilst we are talking about the word force, I forgot to mention that the word force is slightly less sure fire than say the card force or number force.

Sleepy
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Just wanted to be more open about what this actually is :

It's a way to cue a spectator without them knowing they have been cued. As far as they know, they made a free choice.

I want to ask a question:

Would you guys prefer this in book form or DVD form?
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1597 Posts

Profile of innercirclewannabe
Best place to hide secrets is in a book. So for me, it's a book. not interested in seeing this going on you tube because some cretin has no friends and wants to increase his confidence with likes.
Tá sé ach cleas má dhéanann tú sé cuma mhaith ar cheann.
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Thanks for that, I will be releasing this as a book then.

Sleepy
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
So over these few months, I've been contacting people, asking for their contributions, ideas and opinions on this.

First things first, thanks to everyone who has contributed to this creation, it's been quite a long process into so much and adding all these effects that people have come up with.

Heres a brief list of what will be the contents of the book:

- basic NEBULA 2.0 principle - a few variations (based on what suits you)

ACAAN - A spectator is asked to name a number between 1and 52. Another spectator builds up a card in his mind. You count down to that number and you find the thought of card. You never touch the deck.

SAM - one spectator picks a card, the other spectator reads his mind And reveals the card that has been chosen.

BAMP - A spectator is asked to place his hand out, he then thinks of a number between 1 and 20. The number he has thought of appears written in Sharpie on his hand.

IID - An invisible deck using a normal deck (can be a borrowed deck)

CTD - A spectator cuts the deck to a card that no one looks at. He is able to correctly divine the card without looking at it

OFF - A spectator thinks of an object, that object is shown to be predicted in advance (e.g. image of the object is on the back of your shirt)

NFF - A force of a name

TOCA - A spectator thinks of a card and names it out loud. Despite the spectator holding the deck of cards since the start of the effect, his card is found under his watch ( variations taught for card to be found in his pocket or in your own pocket)

NAMM - One spectator is asked to say someone's name e.g. Tom. Another spectator builds a card in his mind. One card is dealt for every letter in the name. The card That we arrive on is the card that was thought of. You never touch the deck in the entirety of the routine

TAPP - This effect is not very practical, I only included it for people who may do TV magic. A spectator thinks of an initial, or a number. You bite into and apple and show them the bitten area. You wave your hand over the bitten area and it transforms into their initial (or other piece of info) carved into the apple.

- ALL GIMMICKS WILL BE INCLUDED (basic nebula gimmick, gimmick for CTD, and gimmick for BAMP)

I'm still hoping to sell this for between £35 and £40 buy price may go up dependant on cost of materials.

You will only be able to purchase this from myself and a few select dealers, I'm not really thinking of mass marketing it (e.g Murphy's magic)

Please share your thoughts below!

Thanks,
Sleepy
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Imo BAMP is the standout of the book, as it seems very impromptuish and gets the best reactions compared to the card tricks!

Sleepy
Jonathan1000
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of Jonathan1000
I'm in! Just tell me when it's available.
"Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals." -- Homer Simpson
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Nebula 2.0 - interest? (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL