The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Clever keys - Buma (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Https://www.stevensmagic.com/shop/clever-keys-buma

Seen this? Looks pretty interesting. Any thoughts?
kidnapped1853
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of kidnapped1853
Thanks for posting this John. I have seen this on the Stevens site before but never really stopped to take a closer look. Looks good!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Well I should be receiving it in a few days. I'll try and leave some info here about it.

If you don't hear from me give me a PM
kidnapped1853
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of kidnapped1853
Sounds good. Thanks!
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
The fact that the block is lucite and almost see through with no electronics seems really good to me.
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Its mental-magic though, eh... that's not a bad thing, but its not really mentalism...
I've asked to be banned
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On May 19, 2018, IAIN wrote:
Its mental-magic though, eh... that's not a bad thing, but its not really mentalism...

anything could be mentalism if you play it right. IMHO of course.

My objective with this particular effect is to use it for 9 - 18 year olds in an upcoming convention in June and then in August. Seems easy to carry.

I would still use it for adults and stage however.
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

I thought the old timer advice was to never perform mentalism for children as they are incapable of understanding it?

Psy
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of Psy
Boring performance and premise. The effect does seems to be interesting and with the right presentatiom it coud be really good.
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1250 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
Quote:
On May 19, 2018, Senor Fabuloso wrote:
I thought the old timer advice was to never perform mentalism for children as they are incapable of understanding it?

Um, the only ones who believe that are the ones who’ve never done it. The rest of us know that is completely false...

Seth
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:

I am an old timer. I don't listen to what others may say. I just do.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On May 19, 2018, Psy wrote:
Boring performance and premise. The effect does seems to be interesting and with the right presentatiom it coud be really good.

So you kinda sorta contradicted yourself. A little bit. In a weird sorta way.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Isn't this effect however kind of like the 5 stones one black the routine that everyone raves about.

Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Quote:
On May 19, 2018, Seth speaks wrote:
Quote:

Um, the only ones who believe that are the ones who’ve never done it. The rest of us know that is completely false...

Seth

So Bob C. Lee E. Docc H. and many others are all wrong about performing mentalism for children? Wow! I had no idea.

Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1250 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Seth

So Bob C. Lee E. Docc H. and many others are all wrong about performing mentalism for children? Wow! I had no idea.

Thanks for making my point for me, Senor. Continue believing what you’ve read from the “old timers.” Smile As I said, those of us who do mentalism for children know differently.

Not trying to be rude at all, but there are threads you can read to hear alternate opinions if you’d like, and there are books available as well. But you seem comfortable with your beliefs, and there’s nothing wrong with that...
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Seth

Senor,

Not to disparage the "old timers" I knew Bob. He had a ton of great ideas and advice. No doubt. I just watched his closeup killers download. They aren't wrong. Opinions are never wrong, they are opinions.

But even Bob didn't 100% listen to the "old timers" Bob used playing cards in Mentalism. Don't some of the "old timers", heck, even some of the "new timers" say you can't use playing cards in mentalism? Playing cards scream MAGIC.

I do what works for me. YOU need to do what works for YOU. Not only based on what others say you shouldn't do.

The wright brothers were told humans can't fly. Huh?

The old story about the Bumble bee... Bumble bees don't care that the experts claim that it's impossible for Bumble bees to fly. Well good thing Bumble bees don't know that.

J
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I think the term "mental-magic" strikes fear into people's hearts....much like "veganism"....

everyone is scared of it, a few are proud of it, but for others, they roll their eyes at the term and judge...

embrace your mental-magic...its ok!
I've asked to be banned
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On May 21, 2018, IAIN wrote:
I think the term "mental-magic" strikes fear into people's hearts....much like "veganism"....

everyone is scared of it, a few are proud of it, but for others, they roll their eyes at the term and judge...

embrace your mental-magic...its ok!

oh, I thought you said mental midget!
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
And still no reviews for this effect?
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On May 22, 2018, rowdymagi5 wrote:
And still no reviews for this effect?

Well it took a few days to get to me, only a few.

Today I have it. I don't know what to say but it's fantastic and well worth the money.

Watch the lower most full performance vid on Steven's site. This is exactly how you will perform it nothing is left out.

Easy, no thinking and superb prop.

I'm glad I own it.

J
kidnapped1853
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of kidnapped1853
Thanks for the review John C!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Clever keys - Buma (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL