The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Cleaning coins (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dschmunis
View Profile
New user
Hillsboro, OR
91 Posts

Profile of dschmunis
Hi guys,

I have very dry hands so before practice/work I use some type of hand lotion to make the work easier, but after a while the coins start to feel "soggy".

Any tips on how to clean coins so they are smooth and shiny?
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
If the coins are feeling "soggy" because your hand lotion got on the coins, I'd suggest soap (hand, dish, or clothes) and water first, then try rubbing alcohol. Your success will depend on the type of hand lotion you use. There are stronger solvents for oils, but they can be flammable.

OR, try a different hand lotion - I like children's modeling clay. It leaves a certain tack on my hands that helps. (I think D Roth recommended rosin.

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1740 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
Instead of hand lotion, try a tiny drop of glycerine on your palm. You can get it from the baking section in supermarkets.

Barry
dschmunis
View Profile
New user
Hillsboro, OR
91 Posts

Profile of dschmunis
Thank you both for the tips 👍
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
Backing soda and a tooth brush can also work well for cleaning your coins. Believe it or not backing soda will also work to dry your hands. Not sure if that's why you use lotion but it's my problem with sweaty palms.

edit; my bad, you said it was dry hands you had a problem with DON'T USE BACKING SODA ON DRY HANDS.
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
dschmunis
View Profile
New user
Hillsboro, OR
91 Posts

Profile of dschmunis
Ended up using a mixture of salt and apple cider vinegar. soaked them for about 10 minutes, rinse, and then wash them with some warm water and dish soap. Then got pretty clean and shinny AND slippery. But once I applied some lotion to my hands it got a lot better. Smile

D.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Cleaning coins (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL