The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Mancave (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On May 28, 2018, magicdave56 wrote:
Call it what you want it to call

A topic of discussion at your home? Having a space is expected. Making that space into a mancave with toys/mini-fridge ... usually some give and take needed on that project.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Orville Smith
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Orville Smith
The word,"mancave" is open to multiple interpretations. In my case, I live alone so you could say that my Entire dwelling place is my mancave. In comparison, those who live with a spouse have to be satisfied with just a single room as their mancave.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
In Canada, would the Prime Minister demand it be called a "Person space"?
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On May 28, 2018, Poof-Daddy wrote:
In Canada, would the Prime Minister demand it be called a "Person space"?

No. In Canada, THIS Prime Minister would dress he and his family up in the wrong attire that offends the group he is trying to appease, then weep gently in the House of Commons while issuing a national apology for the horrific crime of Canada inferring that "men" (which is an illegal word) like to allot spaces to themselves for masculine activities. Then buy some weed with his dad's money and call the head of ISIS to offer him a place to stay at 24 Sussex for his official state visit.
Woops, was that out loud?
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On May 28, 2018, Orville Smith wrote:
Cliff's euphemism of "she-shed" is a good example of political correctness. Just like those Housewives who like to be called domestic engineers. And if blind people are called visually challenged, and midgets are called vertically challenged, then obese people are to be called circumferentially challenged, right?

I don’t see where “she-shed” is political correctness. I think it just flows better than “woman-cave,” syllable wise.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
I have a man cave. my basement is unfinished, just insulation and concrete floors, but it works for me. I have a ping pong table, two 8 person tables for board gaming, a 4-player arcade machine and an area for video gaming. As you can tell, I am single and able to get away with this. I might post up some pics if I have the time, maybe a vid?
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Some of the opinions being expressed in this thread are so incredibly closed minded and toxic it's amazing. Though not surprising, sadly.

I have an office, because I need a separate space to work the day job (I work from home), and I like having my own space for stuff that's "mine". ie: Magic books and supplies, oddities, couple instruments, that sort of thing. Also, this whole house-having thing is new for a nomad like me, so my wife encourages me to personalize the space. I really need to build shelving and storage, though, and figure out what kind of paint job I want to give it.

She has her own space. We call it the Tower, because it's the attic. We also have shared work spaces because we are both DIYers and like to fix/build things.

I agree with the above sentiments regarding personal space, though. It's a good, healthy idea in a relationship to have space that is personal. While the idea that "two become one" may be quite romantic, in reality it leads to unhealthy relationships.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On May 29, 2018, WitchDocChris wrote:
Some of the opinions being expressed in this thread are so incredibly closed minded and toxic it's amazing. Though not surprising, sadly.

Some people get triggered so easily!

I've got TWO mancaves. One is my office which has my magic DVD's, books, computer, 40" flat screen and PS4. The 2nd is my work out room with small sauna that also has a closet full of all my other magic stuff that doesn't fit in the office. (And also my collection of Funko Pop Marvel characters on a shelf above the closet doors!) I'm spoiled!
Orville Smith
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Orville Smith
Quote:
On May 27, 2018, Cliffg37 wrote:
I think the technical term for a female version of a man cave is a She-Shed. My wife has suggested wanting one for her gardening equipment, and just a private "she only" place to relax in peace.

Collections are great and fun.

I have a collection of novelty neckties (about 80 of them) I wear at work. Total room taken up? About 4 inches in my closet hang space.
I have my collection of hand-carved wooden kazoos. Total space taken up? about 12 by 18 inches on a nice display board on top of my dresser.
My magic... Well, that is my garage.

Point being, if you collect something and it takes up too much space in your life, that is not a collection anymore, it is a museum. I love museums, but I don't want to live in one.

When you mentioned your collection of novelty neckties, it reminded me of a local tv newscaster from back in the day whose favorite necktie was one that had many fishes on it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Mancave (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL