The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Diamonds are Forever by Rick Lax (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
RMV
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of RMV
I am surprised by the audience reaction on this one. Performed this for the first time about a week ago. They loved the illusion, but really reacted strongly when I gave the cards to an audience member. This one is a keeper for me!
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
This is an awesome effect. I love it, and agree that it is a keeper.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Refills available very soon!
Kevin Reylek
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Good question.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Good. I need some.
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Kevin Reylek
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Thanks!

I'm on it!
The Great Dave
View Profile
Loyal user
My Wife said "It's Me or that Stupid Magic Website!" this many times.
202 Posts

Profile of The Great Dave
Bought it with refills. I have learned that when you don't get an overwhelming response from an effect and instead are met by crickets it is because the spectator(s) are so blown away they can't absorb what they just saw. Speechless is the dictionary definition. People just look at me and then look back at the cards and then start spinning their wheels to try and figure out what just happened. Giving the cards away becomes a forever memory. I love "How did you do that?" I am at the height of my art when I am met with stunned silence. This effect really gets the job done.

Dave The Wave
Academy of Magical Arts

Hey Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat! Whoops, wrong hat ...
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I love this effect. Pretty mind blowing. I'm about to go crazy with it at the 4H fair in a week from now. I'm going to do it dozens of times in a week long magic marathon.
magic_tony
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of magic_tony
Quote:
On Jun 6, 2018, tenchu wrote:
I was hoping that Rick Lax would be done with magic. Oh well.

Mike

How rude!

I for one will never tire of conceited types who insist on sitting in coffee shops whilst wearing white ear buds and recording themselves talking into their laptop webcams in order to peddle rehashed crap to kids and ill informed magicians!
magic_tony
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of magic_tony
Quote:
On Jun 18, 2019, The Great Dave wrote:
Bought it with refills. I have learned that when you don't get an overwhelming response from an effect and instead are met by crickets it is because the spectator(s) are so blown away they can't absorb what they just saw...

Dave The Wave

... I love how magicians fool themselves!
taller8
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
1087 Posts

Profile of taller8
Sorry magic tony

Silence is a valid, common response. Now if it happens every time, I may be concerned.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Exactly.
Choi Sin To
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
65 Posts

Profile of Choi Sin To
What brand is the back design , bike ?
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
I bought two packs of the gimmicks. I didn’t buy the actual effect. I’m planning on using the gimmicks for something else. The origins effect I figured out. I will say that the way the ace is set up is really smooth. Deceptive. I’m not sure what style backs they are. They look like bicycle. But so did the ma**ed de*k. And the backs weren’t exactly like bicycle’s style. They come in red. Well, at least the two packs I got were red.
CopperChopCup
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of CopperChopCup
Quote:
On Jun 22, 2019, Lonnie_Lyerla wrote:
I bought two packs of the gimmicks. I didn’t buy the actual effect. I’m planning on using the gimmicks for something else. The origins effect I figured out. I will say that the way the ace is set up is really smooth. Deceptive. I’m not sure what style backs they are. They look like bicycle. But so did the ma**ed de*k. And the backs weren’t exactly like bicycle’s style. They come in red. Well, at least the two packs I got were red.

Maiden Back, I believe.
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
Quote:
On Jun 18, 2019, The Great Dave wrote:
I have learned that when you don't get an overwhelming response from an effect and instead are met by crickets it is because the spectator(s) are so blown away they can't absorb what they just saw.

Sometimes my audiences are so blown away by a trick that they fall dead-asleep in the middle of it.
j_juge
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of j_juge
Quote:
On Jun 22, 2019, CopperChopCup wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 22, 2019, Lonnie_Lyerla wrote:

Maiden Back, I believe.

I confirm, it's Maiden back.
ejohn
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
723 Posts

Profile of ejohn
Pick up Sankey’s RECONSTRUCTION. Then no switch will be required for DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Diamonds are Forever by Rick Lax (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL