The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » I want all the pieces the doc takes out (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
Secret Mountain Lair in Conifer, Co
1511 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Monday, June 11, I go into surgery for a right hip replacement.

I'm going to ask the doctor for anything he takes out of there, old bone, cartilage, ripped skin, anything coming out of that incision. Heck, when you take your car in for repair, you can ask for the used parts.

And then when I get home, I'm going to gin up the best Higley-style prop you ever saw.
Pascal974
View Profile
New user
Ile de la Reunion
77 Posts

Profile of Pascal974
According to the old adage we are never better served than by ourselves.
Get well soon.

Pascal
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2183 Posts

Profile of RCP
Quote:
On Jun 7, 2018, Al Desmond wrote:
Monday, June 11, I go into surgery for a right hip replacement.

I'm going to ask the doctor for anything he takes out of there, old bone, cartilage, ripped skin, anything coming out of that incision. Heck, when you take your car in for repair, you can ask for the used parts.

And then when I get home, I'm going to gin up the best Higley-style prop you ever saw.

You most likely will be disappointed. Because of an assortment of really stupid rules you are not entitled to your own tissue(s) or removed hardware. If the hospital is small enough or physician owned you my have some luck if you are very persistent and invoke some religious grounds for your request.
YitzhakNoDice
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
517 Posts

Profile of YitzhakNoDice
Az mir vill schlugen a hunt, gifintmin a schtecken! Go for it Al. A gezunt ahf dein kop! And, be well soon.
A wise man's question contains half the answer. - Solomon ben Judah, Philosopher
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Jun 7, 2018, YitzhakNoDice wrote:
Az mir vill schlugen a hunt, gifintmin a schtecken! Go for it Al. A gezunt ahf dein kop! And, be well soon.

The won't give you.your own body parts but will give them to someone else if you are an organ donor.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
You may want to worry if the doctor starts singing, over and over, "The hip bone's connected to the thigh bone..." Or if he hands a nurse the manual and says, "Here read this while I saw."

Seriously, hope you get well soon.
Silvertongue
View Profile
Inner circle
One day I will die leaving behind
2426 Posts

Profile of Silvertongue
Heal well
For as long as space exists,
And living beings remain in cyclic existence,
For that long, may I too remain,
to dispel the sufferings of the world.
-Shantideva

Engaging in the Conduct of a Bodhisattva
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
991 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
Best wishes for a full recovery!
My only medical major surgery was in 1948 when I was rushed to the hospital after the family doctor diagnosed peritonitis! My appendix sat in a test tube on a kitchen counter for years after to remind what a close call I had!
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Jun 10, 2018, DocBenWiz wrote:
Best wishes for a full recovery!
My only medical major surgery was in 1948 when I was rushed to the hospital after the family doctor diagnosed peritonitis! My appendix sat in a test tube on a kitchen counter for years after to remind what a close call I had!

Okay, Doc, a cliffhanger. What happened to it?
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
991 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
Sorry, don't remember when or where my removed appendix ended up no longer on the kitchen shelf, but pretty sure it was gone by the time I started in magic (age 10 thanks to A.C. Gilbert and Santa)!
But that incident of perotinitis and emergency appendix removal later repeatedly popped into my thoughts in the numerous times I read Houdini's biography and his final days!
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
1511 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Ok ... I've had lots of surgery, but this is painful as I have ever experienced.

Not happy.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Jun 14, 2018, Al Desmond wrote:
Ok ... I've had lots of surgery, but this is painful as I have ever experienced.

Not happy.

But did you get the spare parts?
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
1511 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Quote:
On Jun 14, 2018, weepinwil wrote:
Quote:

Not happy.

No, and this would have been less painful if they did it when I was dead.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
Quote:
On Jun 14, 2018, weepinwil wrote:
Quote:

Not happy.

No, and this would have been less painful if they did it when I was dead.

Some of my clients would probably disagree with you on that last statement. Hope you heal well and the pain diminishes rapidly.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » I want all the pieces the doc takes out (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL