The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » No B.M.C. or senseless praise review, Phoenix Prophecy by Shaun Robison & Shaun Dunn (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Vater Araignee
View Profile
Regular user
MI
172 Posts

Profile of Vater Araignee
OK so I have recently become addicted to getting things (hopefully) woefully undervalued not overvalued. I thought "Hey maybe I should start reviewing regardless of how old or new they are." and I already have the base title of "No B.M.C. or senseless praise review"

FULL DISCLOSURE: I purchased Phoenix Prophecy from Penguin Magic for $1.31 + standard shipping.

Phoenix Prophecy by Shaun Robison & Shaun Dunn
Normal cost: $34.95

The pros:
The gimmick should last a lifetime.
With one lesson I could teach almost anyone to do it reasonably.
It is good in "good from the wrists down" hands.
It is super strong in the correct hands.
The video tutorial has some valuable lessons that apply to more than this.
The video tutorial is not over produced. (this is a subjective opinion, I personally despise pointless fill production like would be found in Wounded)

The cons:
Shaun Robison has a few verbal stumbles here and there, I would have preferred a re-shoot or jump cuts. (I have an issue with under production too.)
I wish there was a cap.
There is a special something not supplied and a little research would have revealed a superior alternative that honestly should be recommended. (I didn't need research because I knew since the early 80s)

The personal:
Yeah I know I already had some subjective stuff to say but I marked it because it does belong up there.
I've used a different method to accomplish the same thing, that method is in the garbage can now because of this superior method.
I do feel I under payed especially when I consider the fact that complete gimmick construction alone would cost more.
I would really like to see future runs of this product contain a sample of what I claim to be superior. It is legal to ship, would cost pennies or less per unit to add and even if the price was raised $5.00 it would be more than worth it for practically ready out of the box instead of go to the store.
Do I recommend it? Not unless you want to stop breathing if I catch you doing it! HaHAHahAhHAHahHAHaaaaaaaaaaa<---- cue the humorless!

If you want to know what the superior alternative is, PM me, I'll test you as best I can to see if you own it and IF you pass, I'll tell.
"Good enough never is." - Vater Araignee
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » No B.M.C. or senseless praise review, Phoenix Prophecy by Shaun Robison & Shaun Dunn (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL