The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » License plate prediction OPEN SOURCE! (24 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
Mark that's what happened to me too. I do think we should have it by Friday.Videoman that is a great idea my friend. I'm definitely going to give that some thought I never really considered altering the license plate a little bit but that is a great idea thank you very much.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Martin Andersen
View Profile
Regular user
Spain
158 Posts

Profile of Martin Andersen
Quote:
On May 28, 2020, videoman wrote:
I actually put it out in the street and ran over it with my truck a few times. 😀

Hoho!, nice one Smile
No, I dont know what im doing. Nowbody knows what im doing. Thats why its called investigation.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1527 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Nov 16, 2018, saysold1 wrote:
A well known magic creator sent me one of these (ready made version) which I received today (CA) version.

Not super impressed. Why?

1. The idea is clever as heck. Love the idea. Wanted to like this but...

2. The execution unfortunately is poor.

3. The creator started out with the opposite of how a typical **** pad is made. They chose to start with a shrt page instead of a long, which I think is a mistake as you can see the huge gaps at the bottom straight away when you are apparently looking at the n for*e (display) pages. It looks sloppy and calls attention to the method. Obviously if you made this yourself you could make the pad the way you want - and even start with a L page (which is best)

4. The paper used is very flimsy -thin

5. Printing looks good. Size is good.

6. There are only about 18 total sheets (9 L and 9 Shrt). That means for display there aren't a lot of possibles. More pages would have been wise, with heavier stock.

7. Because of the huge cuts - and the fact that the paper starts with a shrt page (opposite of what is typical) it means that the F selections must then be handled by the performer (not a spectator) - face down. That is also a weakness.

8. The huge cuts remind me of the Sketch O Magic kids pad trick (great kids trick btw). In that case the big gaps don't really matter - its a kids trick. In essence this license plate prediction really IS a Sketch O Magic cousin - except the Sketch O Magic is better because at least it starts correctly with a L page. This pad will get more scrutiny.

All in all - love the idea, but the ready-made execution disappoints.

I received License Plate Prediction today. After playing with it for awhile I gotta say that I'm in agreement with Brett. This is a little disappointing.

The QUALITY of the materials used is excellent. But due to the spiral binding (which allows the sections of pad to move around too much) and the big difference between L & S pages, the whole selection process is too fiddly. I actually find it difficult to rifle through each section. My wife was frustrated by it too.

Outstanding idea and terrific quality, but execution is a bit lacking. Sven type pads shouldn't be this fiddly to use.

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

I received mine yesterday and Mark after playing with it for a while and practicing I tried it on my wife and she really liked it. It took a little while to get the handling down for me but I noticed something if you hold the license plate numbers in a position that is comfortable and possibly unique for you it makes the handling a lot easier.now I have no problem with the way they are already set up but I was thinking for anyone who wants them in the opposite direction you could always take the spiral out and reverse the way you want them then just adjust your handling so you would have it set up the way you like.
I also came up with a storyline where I am going to show the play maker and ask if anybody knows what this is when they look at it and basically say no I'm going to say great that means that none of you have been to a California prison where these license plates are made! 😃then I will explain as the inmates make license plates they use this to flip over the plate numbers to make sure they do not duplicate the plates being made. Then I will go into a personal sort of story and how much this license plate is unique to me and special to me. I will for sure use this.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Martin Andersen
View Profile
Regular user
Spain
158 Posts

If you bend the segment A LOT (almost 180º) will give you much more control in your thumb to riffle the numbers. I think this is explained on the instructions... but as it use a very simple principle, then almost no one watch the instructions... Smile
No, I dont know what im doing. Nowbody knows what im doing. Thats why its called investigation.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

To be honest with you you are right I did not look at the video yet. But I have to admit I've had no problem working with this at all. I have a good show coming up in August and I will be using this as long as we are able to have the show.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Martin Andersen
View Profile
Regular user
Spain
158 Posts

Happy to know this is working for you Smile
Instructions are very short, only 10 minutes video. I think its worth it to watch it. Maybe you find some tips to make the handling or presentation better.

By the way, on our website we are running a promotion, and the license plate prediction is discounted and with free shipping worldwide. ALL MODELS.
https://ideaalab.com/en/shop/magic/licen......n-detail

For those who don't know, we are also the creators of "Clonk", and its also discounted and free shipping. 50€ off the price!
https://ideaalab.com/en/shop/magic/clonk-detail

If there is someone interested, only 4 days left, so this is the right time! Smile
sillymagician
View Profile
New user
Long Island, New York
70 Posts

Profile of sillymagician
Here is my review of License Plate Prediction. It is a winner.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » License plate prediction OPEN SOURCE! (24 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL