The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Imperial Dynasty of America (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

miistermagico
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of miistermagico
Dear Mystery Entertainers,
Am I correct that within the short story collection:
The King in Yellow by Robert W. Chambers (1895)
There is a story where the King of the Imperial Dynasty in America
keeps his paper crown in a bread box? Or is this story somewhere else?
Please reply soon,
miistermagico
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_King_in_Yellow
CHRousseau
View Profile
Regular user
Registered Lurker from Lakewood WA
120 Posts

Profile of CHRousseau
In the story you reference Hildred Castaigne’s cousin Louis dismisses the steel safe with a time delay lock where Hildred stores his crown as a mere biscuit box.

Read the text at Project Gutenberg online and use the browser find feature to take you to the passage by searching for ‘biscuit.’

The carat a s which are showing up in this post were meant to be single quotes. Something is wacky with my tablet keyboard
Arthur C Clarke was mistaken--Magic has always been the most advanced form of technology.
CHRousseau
View Profile
Regular user
Registered Lurker from Lakewood WA
120 Posts

Profile of CHRousseau
The specific story you want is The Repairer of Reputations.
Arthur C Clarke was mistaken--Magic has always been the most advanced form of technology.
MentalistCreationLab
View Profile
Inner circle
1528 Posts

Profile of MentalistCreationLab
We also had an Emperor Joshua Abraham Norton (February 4, 1818 – January 8, 1880) who was self proclaimed but a true story nevertheless. He was a rather well known celebrity figure from San Francisco, California.

Also 3 Kings and 2 Queens of the gypsies are buried at Woodlawn Cemetery in Dayton, Ohio. Here is more information about them https://www.daytondailynews.com/news/loc......qJ330ZN/

One does not need fiction when the facts are far stranger.
miistermagico
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of miistermagico
Dear CHRousseau,
Thank you very much your kind correction and reply. I suppose you are also fond of:
The Mysterious Card (1895) its sequel The Mysterious Card Unveiled.(1896) by Cleveland Moffett
The Voice in the Night by William Hope Hodgson (1907)
The Isle of the Sleeper by Edmond Hamilton (1938)
His Unconquerable Enemy by William Chambers Morrow (1889)
The Surgeon's Experiment (1887) later titled The Monster Maker by William Chambers Morrow
(W.C. Morrow)
Can you recommend others from that era I may have missed?

Surely you have read the novels:
Song of Kali by Dan Simmons (1985)
Perfume:The Story of a Murderer by Patrick Suskind (1985)
Only Begotten Daughter by James K. Morrow (1990)
Towing Jehovah by James K. Morrow (1994)
The Glamour by Christopher Priest (1984)
Alif the Unseen by G. Willow Wilson (2012)
Recommend any others?

Yes. FACTS are far stranger than fiction.
Also, LIVING persons others may claim NEVER EXISTED.
See:
Madame Blavatsky's Baboon: Theosophy and the Invention of the Guru
by Peter Washington (1993)

Spirits Stars and Spells: The Profits and Perils of Magic
by L. Sprague de Camp and Catherine C. de Camp (1966)

The Life of Richard Hodgson by Alex Baird (1949)
Please reply soon,
Thank you again
miistermagico
MentalistCreationLab
View Profile
Inner circle
1528 Posts

Blavatsky was a creation of Olcot and Judge but mostly Olcot. Now tell me why in the golden age of photography only a few photos of her exist when she was known as a popular socialite. Every one of the other socialite have many photo's of themselves at parties except one. There was a woman who played a role but she did not write that stuff. If you want to look at what a real mystic looks like have a look into Nicholas Roerich.
Louis Cypher
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of Louis Cypher
Hi MentalistCreationLab, could you tell me where you got this information from please as this is news to me.
"Blavatsky was a creation of Olcot and Judge but mostly Olcot. Now tell me why in the golden age of photography only a few photos of her exist when she was known as a popular socialite. Every one of the other socialite have many photo's of themselves at parties except one. There was a woman who played a role but she did not write that stuff."

Thank you
Louis Cypher
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
MentalistCreationLab
View Profile
Inner circle
1528 Posts

I give you one piece of the puzzle. There is no and I mean zero writings on the Ascended Masters before "Blavatsky" (notice the quotes) at the same time she states this to be passed through a long tradition dating back thousand of years. Hindu writings go back thousands of years and writings from Tibet several hundred if not more yet no mention of Ascended Masters was ever recorded prior to these writings. Later some book would appear which were published after this period claiming translated from "x" yet the original documents no longer seem to exist. Which always seem to vanish moments prior to publication. Later Alice Bailey would continue the Ascended Masters stories in her publication from the Lucifer Trust the original name of her publishing company. Just saying it's never as it appears. In between these two the One Society would do the same. While this is one one piece of the puzzle it should give you some information as to what and how to look for the real story as all three are connected through people. That's a hint by the way.
MentalistCreationLab
View Profile
Inner circle
1528 Posts

Show me a reference about the Ascended Masters prior to Blavatsky's!

And have you actually read any of the works you keep citing?
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Quote:
On Jun 28, 2018, Dr Spektor wrote:
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Imperial Dynasty of America (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL