The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » TKG on sale. (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Just giving everyone a heads-up. I don't know the seller, but I know that a lot of folks were looking for this prop. I highly recommend it. One of the creepiest props and effects I own.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
BizarreRich
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of BizarreRich
Thanks Wizard of Oz. I've been wanting to get this effect for ages but I guess it's on sale on the part of the Café you need 50 posts to enter?
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1780 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Quote:
On Jul 7, 2018, BizarreRich wrote:
Thanks Wizard of Oz. I've been wanting to get this effect for ages but I guess it's on sale on the part of the Café you need 50 posts to enter?

Correct.
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
753 Posts

Profile of Winks
The price is a bit on the, shall we say, steep side.
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
2015 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
For those of us with 50+ posts, in which "room" in the Café is the current KN0WING GAME information posted?

Thanks,

George
Delimbeau
View Profile
Special user
May the magic be with you
596 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
It’s for sale at the usual spot Smile
BizarreRich
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of BizarreRich
I remember that the effect revolved around a game and a Clown figure but does anyone remember what the effect was and have any views whether it is worth $666.
magic259
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of magic259
BizarreRich.......the Knowing Game is an item / effect that I have wanted for quite some time and I think the last one I saw (that came available) went for around $425 USD. I was a bit slow on that occasion and missed the purchase.

Is it worth $666.....well that really comes down to the condition and how much you want it. From what I have seen and read the Knowing Game a great piece of bizarre magic and only 23 were ever made so that also makes it very collectible / rare.

I personally won't be offering to buy this one (not because I think the price is too high), but because I have already budgeted for some other effects later this year that are on my radar and my available funds won't stretch to allow me to make another purchase at this time.........c'est la vie!

Others who have the effect may want to chip in and help.
BizarreRich
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of BizarreRich
Thanks magic259 I think in order to rationalise spending that much I would have to be pretty sure that I would be able to fit it into a routine and I'm not confident, from what I've read about it, that I would be able to do that. If it was a little cheaper I would jump on it.
magic259
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of magic259
Yes I agree, and from what I understand of the effect it is something that is meant to standalone in a bizarre performance.

Also, I was tending to look at it more from a collector's perspective.....I believe the method is not new, but it does use some very unique and bizarre props.

I am hoping that one will come up for sale towards the end of the year when I will be better place funds wise.
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
753 Posts

Profile of Winks
It is rather like the Hotel California - only instead of getting out, the Evil Clown (aka the Devil) usually gets your soul and then sends you out to commit arson. Do you want to play?
magic259
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of magic259
Sounds interesting, but I have no BURNING desire, especially if IT takes you to a place where the EAGLES wouldn't want to fly.
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2183 Posts

Profile of RCP
Quote:
On Jul 9, 2018, magic259 wrote:
Yes I agree, and from what I understand of the effect it is something that is meant to standalone in a bizarre performance.

Also, I was tending to look at it more from a collector's perspective.....I believe the method is not new, but it does use some very unique and bizarre props.

I am hoping that one will come up for sale towards the end of the year when I will be better place funds wise.

Nothing new about the method and the props are not exotic. It is a remarkable piece and I think the price is most reflective of its scarcity as a collectable.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
RCP is spot on.

What makes this piece special is its frightening and convincing backstory which is enough to make your hair stand. And I also have a fear of clowns, so the bank was enough to push me over the edge. I found myself writing to the creator to talk me down into not being too freaked out. I tend to be superstitious anyway, so this was pushing all the wrong buttons.

But I love it. It's easily one of my favorite bizarre props and premises.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
magic259
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of magic259
RCP and Wizard of Oz, many thanks for the information and for confirming what I had deduced from what I had read by others.

It ticks all the boxes for me and I am keeping my fingers crossed that one will become available for sale nearer the end of the year.
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
844 Posts

Profile of roblane
I bought one second-hand from here 2-3 years ago and it's one of my prized pieces along with Bobby Hasbuns 'Inferno'. The two seem made for one another and can segue from one to the other, or indeed be shown/performed individually. The clown and the cigar and tobacco tins are genuine articles making each set unique. A fabulous piece of art.
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » TKG on sale. (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL