The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » R.I.P. Steve Ditko (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Https://nypost.com/2018/07/06/famed-comi......ko-dies/

He lived a long time, but it still hit like a hammer.

Spider-man, Doctor Strange, his D.C. work; we wouldn't have half of what we have if it weren't people like him.
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Rest-in-peace Steve.

He never got much credit for it, but I loved his DC series "The Creeper." Something about that series worked for me. I somehow believed that character could exist. DC has messed up that character something awful, so don't confuse what I am saying with the modern day Creeper.

He also did Hawk and Dove for DC.

Reclusive or not, I will miss his memory and continue to enjoy his work.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Orville Smith
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Orville Smith
What's regrettable is that he was so reclusive in the last decades of his life. Because there was even an ardent fan from the UK who traveled all the way to the USA to find and meet Mr. Ditko. But due to Ditko's reclusiveness, that meeting failed to materialize.
Let me add that he also worked for Charlton Publications for which he did another great series, The Many Ghosts of Doctor Graves. Comparisons with Doctor Strange are Unavoidable but there are some differences. That is, it began as an Anthology where Graves was just a host introducing each short story just like Rod Serling. It was much later that Graves developed into a heroic protagonist just like Doctor Strange.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » R.I.P. Steve Ditko (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL