The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Camera Tricks (no not that kind) (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mandat Magic
View Profile
New user
London, UK
2 Posts

Profile of Mandat Magic
I'm trying to boost my social media presence. I get people taking photos of me performing and tagging me and the restaurant which is great for all sorts of reasons and I'd really like to increase that.

I figure a great way would be to incorporate a trick or two that involves the spectator using their phone camera as part of the trick. Can anyone point me in the direction of that sort of effect or suggest any ideas?
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
There was an effect out a few years ago where a spec gave up their phone to take a picture of a coin and at the end you change the coins color and show that the picture was always of that changed coin
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
You could just encourage them to video or take pictures of your work and post that.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
SleightlyChris
View Profile
Veteran user
Lancashire, England
360 Posts

Profile of SleightlyChris
Double exposure asi wind
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
What Danny said. Having tricks where it's encorporated into the presentation is great, but why not just tell them something like, "Hold on. Take out your phones. Get the camera ready. You're going to want to post about this later."

Also, it can help to tell them a hashtag to use. Either your name or the restaurant or whatever. Makes it easy to track how effective it is.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
Nash
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong ~ USA
1101 Posts

Profile of Nash
Quote:
On Jul 30, 2018, SleightlyChris wrote:
Double exposure asi wind

BOOM! I second that
I teach leaders the magic of curiosity and empathetic communication. keynote Speaker | Seattle magician
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
spatrick
View Profile
Special user
Tom Sawyer let me whitewash these
517 Posts

Profile of spatrick
debjit
View Profile
Loyal user
India
213 Posts

Profile of debjit
Ask the spectator to write their first crush, get a peek, ask them to start recording a selfie video and then you reveal their first crush on camera. They always give an amazing reaction Smile
madmalone
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of madmalone
How about a routine that requiered the spectator to follow you on instagram??
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Camera Tricks (no not that kind) (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL