The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Paul Osborne Question? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
clubber89
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of clubber89
Thanks man, that's wat I'm talking about
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Well, that settles it, then!

Amos McCormick
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
magictim
View Profile
Veteran user
Lake Charles, LA
396 Posts

Profile of magictim
Well, I bent the rule for no knots in the wood. I liked the idea for my sub trunk to look like an old crate so I purposely found the "best knotted wood" with not too many but enough to give a rustic look.
magicmanrob
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of magicmanrob
Magictim , a sub trunk is an exception for wanting s prop to look rough. Its only supposed to be a wooden crate in the eyes of the spectator and should maintain that character. However the most others you don't want lower grade materilals because of the knots and imperfections in the wood. And I don't care how much wood filler, or sanding you do you cant make lower grade materials have smooth appearance and look as good as Baltic Birch or one of the other high grade hardwood ply's have.
Sheith if you have a 40 minute illusion show and none of the props cost over $100 to build I would love to see actuall pictures of these masterpieces as you cant even build a decent durable crate for one where I live for anywhere near that price.
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
I needed to pull a fast stage illusion while in high school, and I opted for a sub trunk bag type routing, wood working was going to take too long and there was rehersal time as well. So we opted for a cardboard box set up, with the drape/curtain to the side, not on top of the box. Part of our effect included the idea that the box never stopped shaking and bumping the entire time. We made the large fabric bags and ties (like a giant pillowcase) and the curtain on a stick-we basically waved the curtain over the box, then brought it back to the side covering the magi for the barest moment. The box just kept moving until the reveal. Think basics, and consider Gen Grants Victory carton illusions-cardboard boxes!
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
The Sub Trunk can look like a Crate or even a Actual Trunk. Don,
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Clubber89 -

Don't forget that Paul Osborne also has a book called "Easy Build Illusions." For more information on what is in it, peek at the description of the book on his website.

Osborne Illusion Systems Website

Perhaps that book might be of more help in building your first illusion.

- Donald.
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
clubber89
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of clubber89
I think I'm just going to stick with my two books for now. My dad says that once I build 2 illusions, he will buy me books 2 & 3. And this weekend I'm going to build the vampire with my own twist.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Paul Osborne Question? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL