The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Peek Wallet by Gerard Kearney (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

C-suite magic
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of C-suite magic
I paid full price for this wallet and do not know Gerard. I also own Gerard's Rebel CTW which I love.

Gerard's peek wallet is based on the Jaks wallet. It's smaller then the Rebel wallet but made from the same quality soft leather with striking blue stitching. It's priced at 70 Euros plus 10 Euros for P&P. So not cheap. The wallet looks and feels high end with a modern design and is built to last. You get what you pay for.

It has five pockets to hold credit cards, business cards, tickets and the like but isn't designed to hold paper/plastic money unless it's folded up. It also has the 'secret' pocket.

Overall I'm very pleased with the wallet.

However, I was disappointed with the instructional video. That's mainly down to my expectations based on the video supplied with the Rebel Wallet where you see Gerard working a full set with the wallet and then explaining how he uses it with lots of handling tips and subtleties.

In contrast the video for the peek wallet doesn't feature Gerard at all. Instead it's Magick Balay standing by a table talking through the basic operation of the wallet. There is no real world performance. He shows very basic handling along with a handling he made up the day before filming. It's obvious he hasn't worked the wallet in the real world. There are no ideas for routines supplied.

I really wanted to see Gerard working the wallet and giving his handling and tips for it.

I'd give the wallet a score of 9/10.

The accompanying video I can only give 4/10.

The wallet is available here...
https://www.secrettannery.com/
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Have you ever considered the possibility of performing a magic effect that does not utilise a wallet? I think you’ll surprise yourself.
C-suite magic
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of C-suite magic
Have you ever considered the possibility of performing a magic effect? I think you'll surprise yourself. Smile
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Sep 9, 2018, C-suite magic wrote:
Have you ever considered the possibility of performing a magic effect? I think you'll surprise yourself. Smile

Yes, all the time, and guess what? Never used a wallet. Get over your obsession with expensive magic wallets. Please.
C-suite magic
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of C-suite magic
You don’t know what you’re missing until you’ve tried it. Smile
C-suite magic
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of C-suite magic
Someone just sent me a PM asking how big the peek area is.

It's a full card peek.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Although styled after Gerard’s CTW the peek wallet seems to be owned by Tannen’s or there is some kind of joint venture.
I don’t think it has been made clear that Gerard even uses the peek wallet much. So it may not be surprising that he isn’t on the instructional video.
http://tannensmagic.corecommerce.com/the......let.html

It is certainly one of the nicest looking Jaks wallets available though. It puts the JOL version to shame IMO.
Even though I absolutely do not need it I have to keep prying my hand off the “add to cart” button.
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Bob Cassidy goes over a few different handlings of the Jaks wallet on his 'Billet Killers' download. He has some nice touches.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
corkmagician
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of corkmagician
Hey everyone,
I have a loyalty discount running until 15th June 2019 for all my customers. I am now opening up the discount to all on the last few days remaining.
Use code "Loyalty25" and get 25% off your order, spend over €150 and get free shipping on top!
Perform in Style!
www.secrettannery.com
patrickkun
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
314 Posts

Profile of patrickkun
Quote:
On Jun 11, 2019, corkmagician wrote:
Hey everyone,
I have a loyalty discount running until 15th June 2019 for all my customers. I am now opening up the discount to all on the last few days remaining.
Use code "Loyalty25" and get 25% off your order, spend over €150 and get free shipping on top!
Perform in Style!
www.secrettannery.com

Do you not have the Rebel note left?
Patrick Kun | Modern Accessories for the Magician and Cardist
www.patrickkun.com
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Argghhhh........

RELAPSED

Ordered the Jaks. Been wanting it for a while, 25% off pushed me over the edge.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Underlooked by Arthur is just that “ Underlooked “and no wallet .
It’s top drawer not bottom drawer all day long and some Gaz 🙂
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Oh shush.

I have Underlooked (and Underhanded, which is also good), and I have my own stack peek that I regularly use.

I'm just a wallet addict. I've been abstaining for a while but in this case I genuinely need a new everyday wallet and I really like the size of this.

Truth be told (honesty time) I have quite a few wallets and they are not actually something I regularly use as I mostly perform stage and parlor.

But the sweet sweet smell of leather....
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Got it in my hands today! Actually would have been delivered Saturday but I missed the mailman for a sig.

So, Amazingly, it took only 3 days to get from Ireland to California.

And.... this Sh**t's amazing! Beautiful soft leather, very nice small size, Jaks function but with spots for credit cards.

It's immediately becoming my everyday carry.

Well done Gerard!
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Peek Wallet by Gerard Kearney (6 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL