The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » How to make a Ouija Board (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

WKM
View Profile
Regular user
London Uk
139 Posts

Profile of WKM
Hi all.

I would like to make a Ouija board to use in a spooky/seance type show. There are several reasons that I want to make one as opposed to buy, but mostly because I think that a purchased one looks very commercial, and I want it to look over 100 years old. So made of solid wood, but aged appropriately.

Im good with he axing of the wood, and probably will be fine actually making it, but I can't figure out for thinking too hard how to actually get a Ouija Board pattern and layout right if I'm making my own?

Any suggestions?
Liam Ball AIMC*
The Gentleman Magician
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4698 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Start here:
https://museumoftalkingboards.com/

You'll discover there's been a wide variety of styles and layouts over the decades. Thus, you have a lot of freedom in designing your board.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
WKM
View Profile
Regular user
London Uk
139 Posts

Profile of WKM
Great site, and yes. However what I meant is how do I get it all straight and how do I get it all on... stensils? Paint? Carve it? Burn it in? And how do I make sure that it is straight!!!
Liam Ball AIMC*
The Gentleman Magician
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
100 years ago, nothing was straight, square, or level. If you don't believe it, buy an old house.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4698 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Quote:
On Sep 25, 2018, WKM wrote:
Great site, and yes. However what I meant is how do I get it all straight and how do I get it all on... stensils? Paint? Carve it? Burn it in? And how do I make sure that it is straight!!!

I would definitely go the stencil route and then do touch-up as necessary.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Pizpor
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of Pizpor
I used waterslide transfer decal sheets where I could use my computer to design it and print it out. I transferred it to the board and coated it with several coats of polyurethane. Turned out great.
pieaddict
View Profile
New user
UK
99 Posts

Profile of pieaddict
Quote:
On Sep 25, 2018, weepinwil wrote:
100 years ago, nothing was straight, square, or level. If you don't believe it, buy an old house.

I discovered this when fitting my skirting.

We also thought the previous owner had papered over a Hans solo statue, similar to in return of the Jedi. Turned out to be the missing babysitter
"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."
Mad0hatter
View Profile
Regular user
192 Posts

Profile of Mad0hatter
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
Quote:
On Sep 27, 2018, Mad0hatter wrote:
Http://ravensblight.com/Witchboard.html

Great link! Thank you.
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Living in the UK, age and make it oblong in shape. Use the backstory it was found hidden on the bottom of a drawer. Make it as primitive, hand drawn as possible. It came from a Victorian period and was recently just found...
The planchete you use had to be handmade for use with the board... blah,blah,blah
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
We also thought the previous owner had papered over a Hans solo statue, similar to in return of the Jedi. Turned out to be the missing babysitter

I have missed her so much I have often wished I remembered where I buried her body. Now I know. Thanks for solving the mystery for me.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » How to make a Ouija Board (6 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL