The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Derren Brown live Festival Theatre - Edinburgh (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

brownbomber
View Profile
Regular user
Edinburgh
156 Posts

Profile of brownbomber
Just came back from DB's performance tonight at the Festival Theatre to over 2000 people who by the end of it were giving him incredible standing ovations. And totally deserved - really an awesome display of mentalism, presentation and humour. Way beyond anything else out there I've seen.

It's so refreshing to see Derren being able to express himself freely in this context, so much more natural, no stupid umbrellas or Avengers music, no interfering TV designers and producers. His incomparable talent and naturally slightly twisted humour was there for all to witness in an inspiring show that lasted over two hours.

Even moments that didn't quite go according to plan were cleverly sidestepped with admirable sang froid. My friend ended up on stage and trying out his clipboard for one of his mindreading stunts and was blown away by his rapport skills and stage presence.

10/10.

Would also like to add what everyone else is saying, the Magic Square routine at the end was truly world-class - who would've thought?

BB.
francisco
View Profile
Loyal user
Coolest guy in the café
267 Posts

Profile of francisco
2000 people?! wow that's a lot more than I had expected-just goes 2 show how popular he is! Me and two friends were going to see him in Birmingham but unfortunatly couldn't get there-do you know if his tour is an annual thing? We really wanna go see him next year, any info?

-Francisco
'When you steal one trick, they call it plagiarism. When you steal many - they call it research.'

[Corinda, 13 steps to mentalism]
Niko
View Profile
Special user
England
599 Posts

Profile of Niko
I think he is doing somehting else in June. Not sure if it is the same tour or a different (most probably diff.)
I'll have a look and maybe we can go in the sumemr?
-Niko
When you do something right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
Harry H
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of Harry H
He's doing a West End run in June,thats West End London ,lol.Dont know the theater though.
francisco
View Profile
Loyal user
Coolest guy in the café
267 Posts

Profile of francisco
Thanx a lot Harry H, il look into that, as we really wanted 2 gosee him so I guess that's that one solved!
now to ticketmaster....
'When you steal one trick, they call it plagiarism. When you steal many - they call it research.'

[Corinda, 13 steps to mentalism]
Nikodini
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of Nikodini
Care to give a brief rundown of the tricks he performed? I have never seen him live and my knowledge of his techniques comes from his books and videos.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Derren Brown live Festival Theatre - Edinburgh (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL