The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Instead of Crack Pots here is some Real Science (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Ron you seem to be like a religious person here. You are just demanding I accept your truth. Maybe it IS even the truth. But I can live my life happy without accepting it, or arguing with it.

My views on implementation center around power and who has it and why. Accepting the consensus means nothing. The Constitution does not change. HOW things must be done does not change. See the problem?

The problem with this idiotic argument as I have said it many times it is an ideological proxy fight that has almost nothing to do with the planet, and everything to do with money and power. It is that simple. Many have been corrupted by this fight. Their ideology has taken hold and it gets nothing but worse every day.

So no it is not about being indoctrinated into one certain club. It is about making sure that we don't lose our founding. It is possible that you think that things in the Constitution should be changed. I do not think that is really true. There is a process to change it that needs to be adhered to and it should not involve those not elected and unaccountable in departments of the government.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
The only thing CONSTANT in life is CHANGE. Not accepting it, is to be miserable.
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Who is not accepting change exactly?

All I said is I have no opinion. Not even remotely the same thing. But keep going it is funny.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
188 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Quote:
On Nov 2, 2018, Dannydoyle wrote:
Ron you seem to be like a religious person here. You are just demanding I accept your truth. Maybe it IS even the truth. But I can live my life happy without accepting it, or arguing with it.

I am??? Where did I demand that you accept my truth? All I did was ask a few questions. That’s not remotely the same as “demanding that you accept my truth.”

And by the way, it’s not “my” truth - we’re talking about the scientific consensus here.

Quote:
My views on implementation center around power and who has it and why. Accepting the consensus means nothing. The Constitution does not change. HOW things must be done does not change. See the problem?

The problem with this idiotic argument as I have said it many times it is an ideological proxy fight that has almost nothing to do with the planet, and everything to do with money and power. It is that simple. Many have been corrupted by this fight. Their ideology has taken hold and it gets nothing but worse every day.

Are you insinuating that NASA, NOAA, the IPCC, and dozens of other prestigious organizations around the world all collaborated to concoct a hoax in order to gain money and power?

Ron
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I am saying that many have been caught fudging PERFECTLY good data to suit their own needs. Do you deny this?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Oct 31, 2018, DocBenWiz wrote:
Interesting about supposed oceans riding, supposedly due to glaciers melting. Simple suggested science experiment. Fill a glass 34 full of ice cubes. Then fill the glass with water right up to the rim, but not overflowing. Now just let the ice fully melt.Then see if the water "rises" and overflows the glass!? You see, it's a thing called volume ( taken up by the ice cubes). So the volume of the glaciers is the same idea. Melt and no way they cause the ocean to rise!!

While this is true for floating ice, it's not for ice that's on land.

Glaciers melting in Greenland and Antarctica will raise ocean levels.
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3171 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
I would think a lot of water would evaporate out of the ocean. A swimming pool can drop an inch or more per day on a warm day.
That plus the sinking of the ocean floor, it seems it would need more water coming from somewhere to remain at the same level.
Maybe the melting glaciers is not as bad as we think.

Tom
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Nov 2, 2018, S2000magician wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 31, 2018, DocBenWiz wrote:
Interesting about supposed oceans riding, supposedly due to glaciers melting. Simple suggested science experiment. Fill a glass 34 full of ice cubes. Then fill the glass with water right up to the rim, but not overflowing. Now just let the ice fully melt.Then see if the water "rises" and overflows the glass!? You see, it's a thing called volume ( taken up by the ice cubes). So the volume of the glaciers is the same idea. Melt and no way they cause the ocean to rise!!

While this is true for floating ice, it's not for ice that's on land.

Glaciers melting in Greenland and Antarctica will raise ocean levels.

YES! I'm not crazy. At least for this. The jury is still out on an overall evaluation.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
miistermagico
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of miistermagico
Dear Mystery Entertainers,
You are missing the boat on some of this data.
Introducing: Ruth Gates R.I.P.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruth_Gates
Introducing: Coral Bleaching
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coral_bleaching
Dear Tom Boleware,
The big picture is worse than you think.
In the movie Waterworld, if I remember correctly, you rarely
see any fish underwater. Kevin Costner uses himself as bait.
Sincerely,
miistermagico
miistermagico
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of miistermagico
Dear Mystery Entertainers:
Please google:
Ocean Fish Populations Cut in Half Since 1970's Report
Sincerely,
miistermagico
miistermagico
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of miistermagico
Dear Mystery Entertainers:
The following may interest you.
Fear and Lathing in the Scientific Revolution
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zuc0LAlZmBA

I failed to notice any mention of:
Aristarchus of Samos
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aristarchus_of_Samos
Sincerely,
miistermagico
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
Quote:
On Nov 2, 2018, TomBoleware wrote:
I would think a lot of water would evaporate out of the ocean. A swimming pool can drop an inch or more per day on a warm day.
That plus the sinking of the ocean floor, it seems it would need more water coming from somewhere to remain at the same level.
Maybe the melting glaciers is not as bad as we think.

Tom

I agree on this point. However the effects of climate change don't just effect the oceans. We need to watch all of how the environment is changing?
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3171 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Oh I agree the environment is changing. As much concrete & steel we have added to the earth I’m surprised it is not hotter than it is.

Tom
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
188 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Quote:
I am saying that many have been caught fudging PERFECTLY good data to suit their own needs. Do you deny this?

Who are these “many” that have been caught fudging perfectly good data? And where did you get that news from? Are you claiming that the data was fudged to PROVE climate change or to DISPROVE it? Even if we assume that there is equal malfeasance on both sides and eliminate the offsetting data, then we’re still left with a compelling case in support of climate change.

Ron
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
miistermagico
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of miistermagico
Dear R.S.,
Data was FUDGED to DENY climate change.
Look for the info about the culprits and you will find it as I did.
Sincerely,
miistermagico
miistermagico
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of miistermagico
Dear Mystery Entertainers,
Please GOOGLE: Ocean Study Has Horrific Implications For Climate Change Fight
Sincerely,
miistermagico
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Nov 3, 2018, R.S. wrote:
Quote:

Who are these “many” that have been caught fudging perfectly good data? And where did you get that news from? Are you claiming that the data was fudged to PROVE climate change or to DISPROVE it? Even if we assume that there is equal malfeasance on both sides and eliminate the offsetting data, then we’re still left with a compelling case in support of climate change.

Ron

Ate you claiming that it never happens? Forget that nonsense of it happened on both sides. Are you claiming that climate scientists never fudged data to prove climate change?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
miistermagico
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of miistermagico
Dear Danny Doyle,
You are welcome to present specific examples of fudged data to prove climate change.
(My favorite the impending ice age.) Go for it.
I have always delighted in learning new things.
Sincerely,
miistermagico
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Instead of Crack Pots here is some Real Science (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL