The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Miniature Liquor Bottles (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
Weird question, has anyone ever seen a magic piece using those small liquor bottles served on airplanes?

The only one I could recall, was a Ron Bauer effect in an old Genii issue. It was a spirit bottle idea.

What else is out there?
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Would make a nice final load in a bar environment. Chop cup using a "shaker". Although it would be a bold move, you could load it right behind the Jigger in a Jiggernaut routine. After seeing the olives and the corks appear, the small bottle would not be too far fetched and even better that it wont fit back in afterwards. (Bonus magic).
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
There is a coin book that has a coin in bottle that uses one of these small liquor bottles. It might be Richard Kaufman, or at least he published the book.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
Thanks Guys!

Bill the effect you’re thinking of is The Funnel from David Roth’s “Expert Coin Magic” by Richard Kaufman.
It’s a nice effect, but unfortunately requires being seated at a table.

I’m playing with an idea for a series of effects themed around the items found in one of those airline amenity kits you get seated in first/business class or items found on a plane, like the liquor bottles. Most of the items would fit in the amenity kit. I’ve come up with a good number of items so far, taking a liberty or two.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Motown, that is a good idea. I once constructed a routine for a found ladies purse, the kind they keep lipstick and other girly things in. While asking if anyone lost a purse, and looking for any identification, effects were performed with the different items from the purse.

Here is an liquor effect you might want to find a place for in your bag of tricks. Easy and a good effect.

https://www.abbottmagic.com/Magic-Flavor......oryId=-1
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Motown,
I bought a wallet at Tannen's a few years ago.
The instructions provided a routine for producing an airline sized liquor bottle from a zippered compartment in the wallet.
You then put the bottle back in the wallet, zip it up and put it in your back pocket.
There’s more to the routine but you get the gist.
I forgot the name of the trick but perhaps Tannens has it on their website.
If not let me know and I’ll take a look.
Ihor
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
Quote:
On Oct 29, 2018, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Motown, that is a good idea. I once constructed a routine for a found ladies purse, the kind they keep lipstick and other girly things in. While asking if anyone lost a purse, and looking for any identification, effects were performed with the different items from the purse.

Here is an liquor effect you might want to find a place for in your bag of tricks. Easy and a good effect.

https://www.abbottmagic.com/Magic-Flavor......oryId=-1
Thanks Bill, will give it a try. I always loved seeing Sid at the Get-Togethers years ago.
– Karl Germain
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
Quote:
On Oct 29, 2018, Ihop wrote:
Motown,
The instructions provided a routine for producing an airline sized liquor bottle from a zippered compartment in the wallet.
You then put the bottle back in the wallet, zip it up and put it in your back pocket.
IHOP, that’s perfect. I’ll see if I can find it.
– Karl Germain
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
Delta and Lufthansa both have nice polycarbonate amenity kits. One is made by Tumi and the other Rimowa.

Other items I’m playing with include:

-Pen
-Tissues
-Sleep mask
-Socks (not sure what to do with these yet)
-Ear buds (know a nice cut & restored idea)
-Inflight magazine
-Airline baggage tag
-Airline playing cards (have some nice ideas for these)
-Airline postcard
-Mini-sewing kit
-Sick bag
-Instruction card seat pocket
-Passport
-Hotel Key Cards
-Airline Wings
-Minature Plane (Dan Harlan had an interesting idea)
– Karl Germain
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Quote:
On Oct 29, 2018, Ihop wrote:
Motown,

I found a video of this on YouTube.
It’s sloppy but you get the idea.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CYgJ7rSMGtk
Ihor
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
747 Posts

Profile of karnak
A closeup version of Topsy Turvy Bottles using those miniature liquor bottles might be kinda cool.
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
It’s interesting that you mention that Karnak. A Café member had sent me this link:
Check out "Tiny Bottles" by Professor Spellbinder: https://www.magicnook.com/WizJour09/wj0908.htm

It sounds promising. There a possible storyline about a test airlines are now using on board to see if a passenger has had too much to drink. With all the crazy stuff happening on flights, this could be a funny idea.
– Karl Germain
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Miniature Liquor Bottles (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL