The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Suspenz by Eric Bedard and Vortex Magic (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
WolfgangWollet
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of WolfgangWollet
Here at Tricksupply we brought two units in to look at it. Like many here I like the idea that you can remove one hand. I like Eric Bedard's idea on how to achieve this.

I was worried that one of the first items Eric goes into on his explanatory video is how to reinforce the gimmick with superglue. This seems odd to me for two reasons:
1) If I spent this much money I would like to get something that lasts
2) The gimmick is made from metal and superglue does not usually work well with metal on metal especially if the area where the glue would have to join the pieces has very little surface.

After watching the video I open the first gimmick and it fell right apart. I then even more gingerly tried the second one and after three careful tries it broke at the weld.

So my opinion is this: The idea is good and has legs, but if the first thing you have to mention in the instructions is how it should be reinforced then you should have spent more time at the drawing table before rushing this crap to market. I am sending these back to the distributor and will be adding a note on the website so at least a buyer can make an informed decision.

Caveat emptor!
skoldpadda
View Profile
New user
Indiana
70 Posts

Profile of skoldpadda
Currently 35% off ($36) on magicandsuch FAST 50 deal for next 4 hours.
Cardmagic12345
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Cardmagic12345
Can anyone tell me how this differs from this http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4440
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Suspenz by Eric Bedard and Vortex Magic (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL