The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Best of the best... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Joe
View Profile
Regular user
Sunny UK
139 Posts

Profile of Joe
Hi GD

Without giving too much away, I use an English 2p coin which I place on specs flat palm up hand and the coin stands up on end.
DoctorAmazo
View Profile
Special user
Florida
643 Posts

Profile of DoctorAmazo
I would second both NFW and Invisible Deck.

But I’ve gotten alot more mileage out of a simple C/R string. The one where you cut a loop of string while they hold it, then pull it thru their fist.

It happens in their hand, and no one has EVER busted me on it... even tho I often break the rule and perform it in the same sitting (always a different person, tho).
magic_kris
View Profile
Regular user
Louisville, KY
123 Posts

Profile of magic_kris
DoctorAmazo,

Could you provide a source for the C/R string? It sounds interesting, but I don't quite follow.

Thanks

--Kris
Magic CPA
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Magic CPA
I'm in the same boat as I also accumulated a lot of DVD's, books, videos, etc. on magic. And I realize it's better to know ten tricks really well rather then a hundred sloppy tricks. I think the best approach is to establish a reasonable criteria and then reject all the tricks which don't meet your criteria. For example, my criteria are as follows:

1. Entertaining - This should be your main criteria. Sometimes we like to perform certain slights, etc. but ultimately we should look at tricks through "laymen eyes" and only include entertaining effects. Surprisingly, I've found many entertaining tricks to be very easy to do which brings me to my next criteria...

2. Easy to Do - My skill level is not very high so I concentate on effects I could do comfortably and easily.

3. Minimize the use of gimmicks (i.e. no trick coins, trick decks, etc.) I also prefer to avoid set-ups and only do card tricks that could be done with a borrowed shuffled deck.

4. Try to utilize (seemingly) ordinary objects.

Hopefully, you could establish your own criteria and come up with the "best of the best" tricks for YOU.

Joe
matt kemp
View Profile
Veteran user
312 Posts

Profile of matt kemp
Tommy Wonder's Tamed Card (his version of Wild Card)
chop cup
cups and balls
invisible deck
behind your back (the version using a stacked deck)
John Mendoza's Routine Poker Mental
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Card tricks are great, but I find that the following works best for me, close-up:

1. Jerry Andrus' "Zone Zero"
2. Prohibition
3. (coins) Spellbound with Ike Dollar coin & Sudbury Penny
4. Color-changing Silk (18", using Rice's Palmo)
5. Pete Biro's Hindu Cups & Balls

Doug
matt kemp
View Profile
Veteran user
312 Posts

Profile of matt kemp
I recently got WGM Ambitious Card DVD. I know that the Ambitious Card is a favorite amongst magicians, but Tommy Wonder's presentation and ending for his ambitious card is in a league of its own. It is easily one of the BEST things I have seen in magic. He gets a standing ovation from the crowd, which is something I haven't seen on any of the other L&L DVDs.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Best of the best... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL