The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Thimble rig and the shellgame (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Thimble rig and the shell game…

Ever since I read that Nate Leipzig used to open his act with a thimble routine I have wanted to do thimbles as a close up moment of magic when I do close up in malls and other shows.

Making things vanish and appear is a great way to gather a crowd. My Father liked the misers dream and I have used from time to time but I still like thimbles.

One of the things I have had a problem with was the fact that thimbles were not something that a man would have in a mans pocket.

Well that problem is solved if you do a thimble rig routine. You have the thimbles because a con man would have them in his pocket.

I just got two thimble rig sets from Whit and the school of scoundrels… And they are made of brass and are great for doing thimble moves and the shell game. Being brass they have some weight to them and because of this you can do the shot glass moves with them and my ending for the shell game works well with this thimble rig set…

This and the two sets of copper shells that I ordered is the best investment I have made over the last five years regarding to my magic props.

I ordered two sets of copper shells and I like the weight of the copper shells. They also look like real shells and are very easy to do the moves that I like to do with the shells.

I am looking forward to appearing in the close up room of the Magic Castle in mid July and will use the copper shells in my show there because they really dress up the effect because of the high quality that they are made and produced. I will also use them in when I teach my shell game routine on my next DVD… They are the best sets I have seen that have been put on the magic market.

And they work great!

I may end up doing the thimble rig on one or two of the shows as well…

I love high quality and professionalism in magic… Well done Whit and the School of Scoundrels.

Glenn Bishop
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
Look forward to meeting you and seeing your work in July. What week are you going to be at the Castle? I will be in the WC Fields Bar the 7, 8, 9th of July, and we will be celebrating Soapy Smith day in the Inner Circle on the 8th. The School for Scoundrels and Jeff Smith, Soapy's great grandson, will be sponsering the event in conjunction with the event held in Skagway each year. Hope you will be there for that, but if not, I will see you when you arrive.
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
According to my info I will lecture at the Magic Castle on July 25th. And I will be performing in the close up room the week ahead of that. My first performing day on July 19th...

I hope to see you there to...
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Thimble rig and the shellgame (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL