The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Any other TT sized Blendos other than the 4 square? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mike Walton
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
984 Posts

Profile of Mike Walton
I'm looking to add the blendo effect to my routine. It seems the only one that is widely available is the standard 4 color squares to your fist resulting in a revelation of 1 silk comprised of the 4 squares, such as this one:

http://themagicwarehouse.com/closeup12.html#sb2286

I would really like something with a different design rather than the squares where the magic actually not only adds the colors, but changes their shape on the final revelation silk. Again, this would need to be used with a TT in a close-up situation.

I've checked silkkingmagic.com, laflinmagic.com and pasilks.com with no success. The only other Blendo I've found is a 3 color to an American flag which is indeed patriotic, but just doesn't fit the bill for what I'm seeking.

Anyone know of different Blendo designs that can be used with a TT in a close-up situation?

Thanks tremendously in advance for any suggestions.
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hello Mike:

What about Jay Scott Berry's stuff? He has the eclipse tip and different rainbow and zebra striped streamers that work with an eclipse tip or TT. I think he even has a "flame" pattern silk that can be used in a TT.

I believe his website is http://www.jayscottberry.com It's been a while since I've bought his stuff, but it seems Hocus-Pocus, Hank Lee, and Misdirections carry his line.

Ron
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The terms blendo and close-up are not compatable. So that may be why you are having problems. There are mechanical stage version of blendos, as well as sleight of hand stage versions of blendos.

You may have to look at the Japanese or Indian versions if you which to use a TT.

I am surprised that you say Laflin does not have any versions you could use. I see him at many conventions and laflin has tons of small silks and effects that can be used close up. Did you email him for help?

I would say you are looking for a cheap import beginners childs trick. This may convey more of the product you are seeking. Something around 3" and small silks at about 1". Is that about right?
Mike Walton
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
984 Posts

Profile of Mike Walton
I think the effect of blending 3 or 4 silks into one silk is indeed close-up oriented if the magician has the skills.

I do not know if it is a cheap, beginners childs trick. Dacri uses the same effect with the 4 smaller silks on stage and close-up and I'm not certain he would be considered a beginner. If TT vanishes and silk changes are such, then it must be so.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
By my comments, I am refering to the quality of silk you will need. You will not be able to get an 8 momme or even a 6 mm silk in a TT. That is a fact!

Maybe if you explain what you are trying to accomplish close-up would help. But contact Duane Laflin and he should have what you need. He carries TT size silks, and streamers. How you will exchange the 2 in a TT is not clear, if you are looking for a complete outfit with instructions, I do not know of any, as these I have only seen at conventions made by Japanese. They came with 4 FT and a TT. Again Laflin will have better info on this also. I did see a version of this at David Cresey's display.

Dacri does have a web site, have you checked his site?
Mike Walton
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
984 Posts

Profile of Mike Walton
Thanks for the note.

I'm trying to add this routine to the walk-around, hospital bedside magic I do. I currently allow the patient to tuck the silk in my fist for a vanish. With a blendo routine, not only would the child have this opportunity for direct interaction more times, but then the final single silk revelation offers a nice ending to the effect. I just think the standard 4 colors being changed into a single piece of silk that looks like they're all glued together is nice, but there's more potential for astonishment if they're different shapes on the silk. The standard could be more surprising if changed a bit.

Dacri just offers the standard 4 different colored silks and the standard 4 square single silk.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Suggestion, use 2 - 9" silks and a vari-colored silk with a hand tape dye tube. Be sure you get the turned lip dye tube, not the straight edge. Easier to steal.

http://www.morrisseymagic.com

has the dye tube. Laflin will have the silks. Laflin has dye tubes but the ones I seen he has are the straight edge.

Morrissey also has a new color change gimmick that is a hank ball on an elastic pull. This may work if you wear a coat.

I looked at the Steve Darci material. It looks like it is worth the $12. I suggest you purchase this and get a pattern silk from Laflin. They have rabbits silks that would be nice for children.
Mike Walton
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
984 Posts

Profile of Mike Walton
Here's another Blendo but with flags and the final revelation is a single silk with the flags "sewn together." Still not there.

Click Here!
digimaestro
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of digimaestro
There is a mini-flag version of the blendo...

I got mine off of eBay, but I am sure someone else has this item. It is the red white and blue 6 inch silks which blend into a 10" USA flag.

I am using a small production box for this but the instructions came for a TT blendo routine.

digimaestro
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Mike -

Don't know if you have taken the link, but in Ron Reid's post above, there's a link to Jay Scott Berry's material. Look specifically for his work with the Eclipse tip. This will give you some wonderful variations of close-up blendo, etc, using a TT.

- Donald.
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Any other TT sized Blendos other than the 4 square? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL