The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Kennard box mystery (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gomerel
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

Profile of gomerel
I wrote about the Kennard Box Mystery in the Once Upon a Time section but I've decided not to do a story. The theme of what I am working on is that, like most people, I have a junk drawer. I pull various small objects out of the Kennard box - the ring, paper clip, rubber band, key, battery, button, etc. - and also mention that the drawer has expired credit cards, old driver's licenses, old dr appt cards, etc. I throw the ring back in and say I will have trouble finding the ring even if I practically turn the drawer upside down. Then I say "Duh, I have a magic wand!" I use the wand to pull out the ring. That's what I have so far.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xQlwAQi6wo
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I believe the problem with your presentation idea, is that the box you show is nothing like a drawer. All the items will fall out the loose other side. I guess you could say, you found an easy way to find what you are looking for in your Junk Box, and let everything drop onto the table. It might even get a chuckle.

I have seen this prop over the years, but never seen it demonstrated. Glad I never bought it, I dislike the tumbling idea. I often wondered how the ring got into position. I thought it might be something more sneaky.
gomerel
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

Profile of gomerel
Quote:
On Nov 18, 2018, Bill Hegbli wrote:
I believe the problem with your presentation idea, is that the box you show is nothing like a drawer. All the items will fall out the loose other side. I guess you could say, you found an easy way to find what you are looking for in your Junk Box, and let everything drop onto the table. It might even get a chuckle.

I have seen this prop over the years, but never seen it demonstrated. Glad I never bought it, I dislike the tumbling idea. I often wondered how the ring got into position. I thought it might be something more sneaky.

Thanks. I glued the back on. Guess I should say I have a junk box.
And in the usual presentation, you just magically take out the ring. No tumbling.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Kennard box mystery (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL