The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Screaming and laughing ticks (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

piperdod
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of piperdod
Hello, I use Dice and Zebra Silk by Tora Magic which goes well for age 6+, but its not an audience laughing, shouting sort of illusion...should all childrens tricks include laughter and shouting or so long as they enjoy themselves and like the illusion,..all is good
piperdod
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of piperdod
Sorry ..title should say " Tricks "
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
You don't need hysterics to make a great children's show. Entertainment, i.e., the ride, is always greater than the destination. I usually include one routine that gets the "over the top" reaction (currently Tommy James' Vampire Bee if the age is right) but there's always byplay that can be added to a "trick" that makes it great for kids.

P.S. I thought the title of the thread was going to be a new twist on a flea circus Smile
Dr. Delusion
View Profile
Special user
Eugene, Oregon.
733 Posts

Profile of Dr. Delusion
Hippity hop Rabbits would be a good one. Fraidy cat Rabbit is another sucker type trick that really gets the kids going.
MichaelCGM
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma City
2286 Posts

Profile of MichaelCGM
All children's tricks need not spark laughing and shouting. I use several effects in my kid's shows that are highly interesting to young minds but engage their knowledge rather than their funny bones. A comedy milk glass, as well as a silk blendo top the list. Kids love to be entertained as well as amused. But keep the patter on a more basic level, easy to understand, yet intriguing and fun.
Magically Yours,

Magical Michael

MagicalMichael.com Smile Laus Deo!
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1167 Posts

Profile of Russo
For the younger(under 8) I do story magic - for instance - 20th centry silks=The Three Pigs Story // Die Box = Alice In Wonderland // Spot Card = My Pet Spot and her Family // etc- Also several SUCKER effects CAN be done in a row or through program as long as its NOT- Ha Ha, I FOOLED YOU - it should be a suprize ending to a story or a Surprize for the Magician. Can share stories for the effects if you p/m me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Screaming and laughing ticks (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL