The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Stretch Cards by Duane Williams - Stretch a real signed card! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Montana76
View Profile
Inner circle
I hope I one day reach
1177 Posts

Profile of Montana76
Love it! Very visual!
sileeni
View Profile
Veteran user
UK.
361 Posts

Profile of sileeni
Great Visuals on that.
magic_tony
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of magic_tony
It's great that they have created an honest, open trailer. But not so great that they say in the description "Actually stretch a real playing card" which is not true.

Still, looks good.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I want. But won’t be paying postage to UK. Shame.
magic_tony
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of magic_tony
I wonder why they used this particular playing card? I do like some of the Carta Mundi cards. The 310 decks are great.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
All the way from Belgium to the US and EU members have to pay to get them shipped back again. Go figure.
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1582 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
Of course not but that is the effect. You appear to stretch a real playing card.

Quote:
On Dec 3, 2018, magic_tony wrote:
It's great that they have created an honest, open trailer. But not so great that they say in the description "Actually stretch a real playing card" which is not true.

Still, looks good.
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Quote:
I wonder why they used this particular playing card? I do like some of the Carta Mundi cards. The 310 decks are great.

Duane made the trick and it's his favorite deck Smile
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
mantel
View Profile
Special user
923 Posts

Profile of mantel
Quote:

Still, looks good.

Ellusionist is using "artistic license" to "stretch" the truth. Be that as it may "Actually stretch a gimmicked/gaffed playing card" doesn't have the same ring to it.
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Quote:

Still, looks good.

Hey Magic_Tony,

It has a few different meanings.

1. That is what the effect for a spectator is. To them, you stretch a real, signed playing card.
2. Also from the way they're manufactured and cut in the factory, it is a real playing card in terms of materials/finish.

I get what you mean, but we expose the gimmick in the trailer, so I don't think we're hiding that it's a gaff. But if it's how you feel, it's not wrong, so we apologise if there was any confusion caused.

Cheers,

- G
no2ss
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1027 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Oh... man. Love Revive so was curious to see what this is... and...

1. Appreciate the open trailer. Wish more effects did that. Especially when it comes to gimmicked/gaffed products it's best to truly let people know what they're getting. Happier to order when I know when I'm actually getting.

2. Brilliant. Can easily see how this would be done and would have a great impact. Will definitely be picking this up.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Agreed..on my Xmas list...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Quote:
On Dec 6, 2018, no2ss wrote:
Oh... man. Love Revive so was curious to see what this is... and...

1. Appreciate the open trailer. Wish more effects did that. Especially when it comes to gimmicked/gaffed products it's best to truly let people know what they're getting. Happier to order when I know when I'm actually getting.

2. Brilliant. Can easily see how this would be done and would have a great impact. Will definitely be picking this up.

Thank you. Duane is such a talented creator and we all agreed that seen as nobody can make the gimmick themselves, that it's better to be as open as possible with this effect.

We'll be vowing to do this as much as we can in future with our trailers.

- G
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
As I’ve said in the past, if a gimmick cannot be easily copied then why wouldn’t you show it unless it was garbage.
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
On my new review show I look at classic items as well as the newest releases.

On this weeks episode we look at Stretch Cards and I even perform it. I love this prop. For social media and real world performance it’s great.

Here the link to the show

https://youtu.be/UAtJ-itYGNI

Any questions just let me know. Thanks.
magicnorm
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of magicnorm
Love the stretch and snap back in the demo, took the plunge and ordered , yeeha

NM
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
Not sure why, but right now, these are on sale at Ellusionist for $12.95 versus a regular price of $29.95. You can get two decks of stretched cards (56 total) plus the regular deck of Red Cohorts (which are marked btw) for about the regular price of one deck of stretched cards ($33.85 for those scoring at home).

If you like this trick AT ALL, you will find no better deal than this one.

Now You Know...

https://www.ellusionist.com/stretch-card-cohort-deck.html
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
Took my own advice, $34 for 2 packs of stretch cards and one Red Cohort deck (Marked) with 10% off.

That works out to about 60 cents a gaff. I can hand them out at the price if I want.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Every order of the Stretch Cards used to come with a standard Cohort deck. So I guess they’re not doing that anymore?
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Stretch Cards by Duane Williams - Stretch a real signed card! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL