The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Principia by Harapan Ong (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
mwolfire
View Profile
New user
Mark Wolfire
91 Posts

Profile of mwolfire
Quote:
On Dec 30, 2018, Ron Giesecke wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 30, 2018, Morganjj wrote:
Ron, where you are flashing - in the hand or in the spread?

The spread. A single card never remains concealed. I spent hours last night thinking I might be able to work out a finesse.

Such was not the case. So I guess I don’t mean “flash” I mean “premature reveal.”

Ron, I found that the Stud cards from Walmart help with this. Except for the Joker there is a little more space between index and edge that gives more cover.
Mark
rosstrainer08
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of rosstrainer08
Little late to the party, but got my copy this week. I have to say, I was expecting to be a little disappointed what with all the hype. Serves me right for prejudging it.

All I can say is I’m so glad I got it despite my early misled preconceptions. The book is certainly beautiful, well deserving of a place on any magicians coveted bookshelf, yet it’s what’s inside that really earns its place. Fantastic routines, clever construction and wonderfully explained. Not only that, but the accompanying video resource is a great idea acknowledging the markets desire for both excellent books and video learning.

It’s got it all, get it!
robfind
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of robfind
Penguin is selling this without the gaffs. Can anyone PM me and tell me exactly what cards come with this, or, post a pic to me with all of the fronts and backs? Don't want to buy it unless I already have most if not all of the gaffed cards.
magicnorm
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of magicnorm
Https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-......d-cards/ Cards sold here , dude just buy the cards, book is excellent yo7 won’t be disappointed.

No
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1406 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
Quote:
On Oct 6, 2020, magicnorm wrote:
Https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-......d-cards/ Cards sold here , dude just buy the cards, book is excellent yo7 won’t be disappointed.

Vanishing Inc is again including the cards for free with the book. This is the link you want:

https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-books/principia/
MonsterMagic
View Profile
Special user
517 Posts

Profile of MonsterMagic
Comes with the cards from PropDog too.

I haven't read it yet, but it is very nice looking book.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Oct 6, 2020, robfind wrote:
Penguin is selling this without the gaffs. Can anyone PM me and tell me exactly what cards come with this, or, post a pic to me with all of the fronts and backs? Don't want to buy it unless I already have most if not all of the gaffed cards.

I agree the book is great and is worth every penny even without the gaff set (and yes, they are common gaffs that can be gotten if you you don't have them) but I will add, even if you get the "Gaff Pack" there are still effects in the book that require arts & crafts (different from the gaff cards) and at least one effect that would require a gimmick from a Jay Sankey routine (that Jay still sells, in case you like the effect that much). As I said, the book is well worth every penny, even if you don't do every effect in it.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Principia by Harapan Ong (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL