The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » DL and EC (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

obsidian52
View Profile
Veteran user
United States
375 Posts

Profile of obsidian52
I have been a magician for a number of years, have had a stroke about 5 years ago (affected my primary side) there are a number of effects that I would LOVE to do but unfortunately many of them require either a good Double lift (ambitious routines) or a good Elmsley count, none of which I can do very well now..Even Joshua Jay mentioned to me a few years ago at a lecture said" if you can do an effect with a gimmick or a gaff..why not?...Most Lay spectators will never know the difference...Thoughts?? hints, tips, ideas? whatever you guys got!!!
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
I agree. Whatever you do, the audience won't know (or shouldn't) the secrets, anyway. Gaffs are the same----Magic!

Some don't like to use gaffs, and it's totally up to you.,
shaunluttin
View Profile
Special user
759 Posts

Profile of shaunluttin
Memorized and marked deck work is what I would learn if I were in your situation.

Here is a 29-minute live performance of mine: https://youtu.be/lq2Rj1uf05M

I used to be quite sensitive to criticism; I am much less so now; so, please do criticize my technique, presentation, and posts. It helps me to grow, and I promise to take responsibility and not to be defensive.

Leo-Kim
View Profile
Veteran user
359 Posts

Profile of Leo-Kim
A good help for flawless strike doublelifts and triple lifts is to use a thick card.
You have to choreograph the routine to incorporate it but it is really a great help.

/Micke J
Sweden
If it's worth doing, it's worth doing well (Donald Duck)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » DL and EC (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL