The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » "Winner Dice" effect: Reviews? (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Uh...that's not what I meant. You're jumping to conclusions and making assumptions again. I meant the opposite - so that you could drive the screws in just a bit deeper. If I wanted to say "you have a screw loose", I'd say it. You basically painted everyone who had a question as asking "silly questions" or being a "moronic troll". I tried to calmly explain my perspective regarding that thread and you decided to drive the screws in deeper by saying:

"Really, you think calling people who expose a method moronic is a bit of an exaggeration? I'm sure you wouldn't feel the same way if this was your product.
There were some legitimate questions asked. Which you chose to ask repeatedly. Never giving anyone the chance to answer them before asking again and again and again."

First of all, I did ask and he did answer. Perhaps you missed that part. But his answer was in fact a side-step because rather than just saying yes or no like most dealers would, he gave me a song and a dance which I didn't appreciate. I've been a magic dealer in a brick and mortar shop and I feel that his intention was to lead me to believe that it was possible to do what I was asking about when it's pretty clear that my question was asking about an unhindered roll. So yes, I demanded a straight answer afterwards because I don't appreciate dancing answers. I find it insulting and I would have never given this sort of answer when I was a dealer. And this nonsense where you suddenly assume that I'm ok with exposure is absurd. I was very clearly taking exception with what you had to say about people who were asking reasonable questions, but you decided to try and twist the situation to fit your agenda with that bit of ridiculousness.

As I said before, I stand by what I said. Trust me, if I had something malicious to say to you, I'd say it straight up. The fact is, I wasn't looking for a fight despite the fact that you were name calling. I simply tried to give a calm and rational response and you decided to keep trying to twist the screws. If you're not looking for a confrontation, then maybe you should try having a little more tact next time and not paint everybody with the same brush and resorting to name calling as though you're some sort of white knight. It's odd, because you and I never interact, but you sure seem to have lots of negativity to throw in my direction.
ed wood
View Profile
Special user
742 Posts

Profile of ed wood
Sigh, Sudo, I don't think I've ever interacted with you before so no negativity from me directed at you personally. If that's what you meant then all is cool.
As for the name calling. I have made it very clear I called people who expose products morons. I said before that whilst your question was reasonable, you were directing it at someone who was not in a position to answer publicly and there was no reason to ask it repeatedly. An email to the creator would have answered all your questions.
You've stated this product is not for you, I've made the opposite choice and that's all we have left to disagree on. Happy to discuss the product with you further when I receive it. Have a great Christmas.
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Fair enough Ed. Admittedly, I can be cranky sometimes and I was perhaps a tad crankier than usual on that thread. I don't like squabbling so I'm gonna leave things be and wish you a Merry Christmas as well. Best of the season to you and yours.
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
Sudo and Ed: Smile
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
qkeli
View Profile
Special user
paris,france
792 Posts

Profile of qkeli
Hi, I received it 2 days ago and one of the gimmicks broke in less than then 5 minutes by contacting the other one, dud any one enco7nter the same issue ?
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Nope, but its a common issue to be aware of when handling them... just buy some online...
I've asked to be banned
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
Does it say in the instructions, they should never make contact?
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
No. But you've handled magnets before right? And of course they can come into contact with one another, you just have to manage it... Same as using any kind of pk related thing...
I've asked to be banned
Gaffus Maximus
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of Gaffus Maximus
I received Winners Dice recently and I'm already enjoying this. I use Winners Dice to force a couple of numbers (in my first phase of a routine) before switching in PM's RD to allow them to choose any number themselves (for second phase of a routine). Although the two dice are the same size, there is a slight difference in shade of white and material... the WD is a slightly darker white and appears plastic and the RD is a slightly brighter white and appears to be more bone like... but so far no one has noticed that the routine started with a lighter shade and ended with a darker shade. I've attached a pic of the two dice side by side for reference.

For those of you have or get WD, there's an easier way to switch the force number in the middle of the routine. For those who already have this, you probably figured this out on your own. This works especially well if you only plan to force 2 different numbers like I do in my routine. You won't need to use one of the two special items that you receive with WD. You only use the one that works in conjunction with your cup. After you force the first number, simply reverse the item that works in conjunction with your cup and you will be forcing the other side of the die... which has the added bonus of totaling 7 from both rolls if you choose to use that information for something else. Smile
Gaffus Maximus
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of Gaffus Maximus
WD and RD side by side

Click here to view attached image.
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Did somebody say "review?" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPYTuYKElU8
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1805 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
Are the #2 spots diagonal like the die shown on the outside of the box or are they horizontal/vertical like the die in the video?
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
I show the two spot in my video review above (as well as several other sides) they ARE diagonal
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
I would assume there has to be **g***s involved.
Which would come into play whether the dice were inside a cup or not.

Regardless, this could be an excellent effect.
I only came across this thread whilst looking for a dice effect myself ... and still looking.
Psychiac
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of Psychiac
No Afghans are involved, I assure you.
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
"Psychiac" ...
ha ... like your thinking
AceOfShades
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of AceOfShades
I have this and it seems pretty good. I do believe you could totally do it without a receptacle but may have to be careful about how you roll or it may look... odd. Can't really go into why without exposure. There is some extra stuff involved besides just a die so that needs to be taken into consideration but it shouldn't be too hard to figure out a way to deal with that. I believe it would also be possible to have a gimmicked table or pad or something that should allow you to switch between forcing or fair rolls but that seems excessive.

As for the included gimmicks breaking, they are a material fairly commonly known to be not very robust and can be bought online for cheap so I suppose just be careful with them and it should be fine.

With regards to it not forcing or breaking if set to a second number, that may be resolved by the instructions provided with the die. But I have not had any issues with that in my, albeit limited, experience with the die.
Jonny magic
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of Jonny magic
Throwing the nut several times it seems as if the slats or magnets that contain the
die move, no longer dying the set numbers
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » "Winner Dice" effect: Reviews? (11 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL