The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Using the Audience (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
I would like to see some suggestions as to how to best use the audience in revealing the chosen word in a book test. I would like it to seem as if the audience, with some prompting, has arrived at the word themselves or at least come close to doing so. One could use body language to identify certain letters, the way the participant talks or holds book. Maybe she has empathy for the word and has chosen it for a reason other than the direction that it be a long word (if using that force) .

Additional suggestions?
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
I'm sending you something.
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
Thanks John. Look forward to receiving it.
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Check out Alphabody Language in my ebook Suggestabilities
j100taylor
View Profile
Inner circle
1198 Posts

Profile of j100taylor
There's a great idea in Kennedy's book Bairn that you should check out. As written it involves only one spectator but I think it could be extended to multiple people.
Lakewood, Ohio
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
Would you happen to know what it is titled in the book so I can find it easily. Will have a look.
j100taylor
View Profile
Inner circle
1198 Posts

Profile of j100taylor
Quote:
On Dec 22, 2018, aligator wrote:
Would you happen to know what it is titled in the book so I can find it easily. Will have a look.

As You Do Book page 227
Lakewood, Ohio
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Dec 22, 2018, aligator wrote:

soooo Mr aligator, what was your assessment of what I sent you. It can prompt the entire audience for the word letter by letter.
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
Yes, it can and would be very good if forcing that one particular word but as I am using a long word force with several possibilities, I don't think it word work in this instance. Anyone forcing one word riffle style or otherwise might be wise to contact you as it is definitely different, albeit a bit cheeky. Smile
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Dec 24, 2018, aligator wrote:
Yes, it can and would be very good if forcing that one particular word but as I am using a long word force with several possibilities, I don't think it word work in this instance. Anyone forcing one word riffle style or otherwise might be wise to contact you as it is definitely different, albeit a bit cheeky. Smile

You don't have to force that one word. You can force any word you want then use the method to allow the spec to send the word to the entire audience. Which is what you wanted wasn't that right?

What does "it's a bit cheeky" mean?

Can you be a little more specific in your request?
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
No, I want the audience to aid in determining a word that they don't know. I am the only one who knows as with the long word force there are several possibilities. It's a bit cheeky means that it is quite bold imo.
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Quote:
On Dec 22, 2018, Bill Cushman wrote:
Check out Alphabody Language in my ebook Suggestabilities

This is exactly what you're describing.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

B2B Magazine Test!

Best impromptu progressive Ace Assembly ever!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Using the Audience (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL